POSITION OVERVIEW: VP National Vehicle Retailer
Location: Atlanta, Georgia (other locations considered)
The VP National Vehicle Retailer (NVR) is responsible for acquiring and managing business relationships with national retailers, large automotive dealer groups, and related automotive entities. The VP NVR will use his/her product knowledge and training skills to maximize productivity and results with select accounts.
Essential Job Functions:
• Responsible for the new account sales and business development to meet sales objectives.
• Serve as the primary point of contact with key partners and clients to meet defined goals and strategic results.
• Identify, develop, and cultivate strategic relationships with key national and regional accounts.
• Build relationships at all levels of influence within the assigned customer base. (President, CFO, VP Marketing, CTO, GM, etc.)
• Assist with the build and facilitation of customized training programs that drive dealership network growth and improve dealer’s Finance & Insurance business.
• Leverage Our F&I Training platform as a strategic differentiator and value added product/service.
• Partner with the Sales Management Team and participate in initiatives to maximize sales revenue.
• Monitor current relationships status, report sales activity achievements, and maintain customer and pipeline data via reporting tools.
• Partner with internal Account Management teams for program design and implementation
• Enhance programs and systems related to Safe-Guard product knowledge, menu selling mastery and objection handling expertise with industry constituents.
• Coordinate in-house Dealership training seminars designed to increase dealer profitability and product sales penetration.
• Develop and utilize Manager and Company approved training and marketing materials.
• Assist Dealers’ efforts to comply with applicable laws and regulations via best practice reviews and ongoing training.
• Market and facilitate Dealer participation in comprehensive F&I certification and training classes.
• Implement action plans for increased sales of products and services.
• Advance relationships with key partners and work closely to develop win/win strategies to improve productivity.
• 10+ years of automotive retail-related management (agent/dealer/financial services) with sales of F&I products
• 8+ years of F&I specific experience (may be included in 6+ years above)
• 5+ years of proven client management and training activities (may be included in 6+ years above).
• Extensive menu selling knowledge/experience.
• Proficient in selling current F&I product suite portfolio.
• Experienced in account development with sustained results.
• Experienced in “hands-on” development training of dealership personnel and/or "train the trainer" in-store development.
• Experience leading a Sales Team to successfully achieve objectives
• Demonstrated ability to identify and develop field Sales talent
• Ability to create and successfully execute a Sales plan
• Bachelor’s Degree (BA) from four year college or university, preferred
• Excellent communications and public speaking skills
• Advanced Microsoft Office and PowerPoint skills
• Proven history of success in developing innovative programs
• Must be willing to travel at least 70%
• Experienced in “hands-on” F&I development training of dealership personnel and/or "train the trainer" in-store development.
Core Competencies Required
Teamwork/Collaboration: Support team members by establishing effective interpersonal relationships, and cross functional partnering
Partners across organizational boundaries – Reaches out and to work with associates outside of own department to achieve objectives. Anticipates effects of own area’s actions and decisions on other associates and departments; influences others to support individual and team objectives.
Job Knowledge: Clearly demonstrates a good grasp of key job functions, relevant terminology, technical processes and standards
Has achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position related areas; keeps up with current developments or trends in area of expertise; understands and uses knowledge, solutions, and capabilities to achieve results.
Customer Experience: Communicate effectively with customers, advocate customer needs and initiate resolution
Takes action to meet customer needs and concerns – Considers how actions or plans will affect customers; responds quickly to meet customer needs and resolve problems; avoids over commitments; responds to customer requests in a timely manner to satisfy customer needs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, disability or protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.