Director - Reinsurance
Auto Careers Online LLC
- Dallas, TX
Director - Reinsurance
Must able to read, understand, and explain in full a Dealers Reinsurance account/statement. (CFC’S/RETROS) Travel outside the office to key dealerships. Provides leadership, direction, and functional expertise on complex projects/initiatives for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility, which includes product development, preparation, and maintenance of reinsurance treaties while adhering to corporate directives ensuring the continuing control and protection of its assets and minimizing exposure for the enterprise.
- Supervise 1-3 associates.
- Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Manage the Reinsurance Function under the direction of the executive team in Atlanta.
- Manage retrospective insurance programs for dealers
- Assists the sales team in presenting reinsurance programs to dealers, including travel to dealer sites.
- Pro-active monitoring of reinsurance results for dealer reinsurance companies and the captive reinsurer.
- Prepares financial updates relating to the dealers, including those in reinsurance and others. Improves reporting to reinsurance dealers.
- Directs and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and directs strategic process improvements that significantly improve quality across the team, department, and/or business unit for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends on industry regulations, practices a competitor’s and client positions and assesses the impact, and collaborates with senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future strategies
- Designs and monitors acceptance criteria for new and existing reinsurance client base. Identifies exposure and potential financial risks and elevates as appropriate.
- Communicates with reinsurers on administrative, operational, contractual, claims, and litigation matters.
- Provides external auditors with documentation updates and addresses inquiries. Directs special studies and analysis concerning economic and financial implications of existing and planned business initiatives or projects.
- Leads and directs responses on behalf of reinsurance to state insurance exams, inquiries, market conduct surveys, and other ancillary inquiries. Liaison with client relations to address questions from reinsurance owners and provide ad hoc support to inquiries.
- Provide monthly reconciliation and reporting to Reinsurance companies monthly and manages inquiries. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge and Skills: Knowledge of accounting, finance, insurance, and tax. Excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills. Ability to manage reinsurance for a disbursed corporate environment Strong communication skills, verbal and written. Detail-oriented with excellent follow-through in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment. Solid working knowledge of Microsoft word, excel, AS400 entry and reporting operations, and internal computer-based applications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Education and or experience requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or economics. Seven to ten years of experience in finance and insurance. Experience with Reinsurance Accounting And/or Insurance industry experience strongly preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus Travel to sales and account management presentations, primarily on the Western side of the country, with some travel to East Coast.
Candidates must pass a pre-employment Drug Screen, Background Check.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Friday, January 15, 2021