Senior Software Engineer
- new york, new york
We are a PE firm disrupting the space in how we can help consumers by merging a platforms and adapting a hybrid of a fintech/ AI platform.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer who sees the excitement in being a part of building our new platform while beginning to grow our Engineering Team by 3x! .
You will be leading an entirely new platform which entails tons of ownership, Building things from the bottom up!
You’ll help to build secure, scalable, and fast tools to make processing data, generating analytics, and reporting within our teams seamless and easy.
The team spends their time building software tools for business groups internally, helping teams solve tricky data issues, gathering feedback and requirements for new systems development, writing tests, enhancing data quality monitoring, and managing our production systems.
- Contribute to the definition, architecture, and design of software components,
- solution designs, tools, and tests.
- Refine features with our Product Team helping to make pragmatic tradeoffs between
- product direction and technology concerns.
- Ensure high availability and reliability of business applications
- Debug production issues.
- Help coach and grow our team professionally
- Do code reviews
- Help team members when they are stuck.
- Set and maintain high quality standards for the team’s work.
- Communicate risks and plans to mitigate them.
- Work to make life easier for the team by paying attention to developer experience
- Understand deeply how business drivers impact our priorities and planning.
- BS in Computer Science or degree in related engineering field.
- 7+ years working with web applications.
- Have proven and recent experience leading projects.
- Have a strong command of distributed systems and modern data processing architectures.
- Ability to take a project from requirements gathering through launch.
- Strong data modeling and SQL skills.
- NoSQL experience.
- Familiar with Git and agile SCM patterns.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software
- development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control
- management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to
- collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Proven success coaching less senior team members.
- Thrive in collaborative, high growth environments.
Thursday, October 10, 2019