Back End Engineer
- New York, NY, United States
What is the Job?
Are you a Senior Backend Engineer that is interested in joining the rapidly growing Cannabis Industry?
Our New York team is looking for a personable, efficient, flexible and communicative engineer who possesses a strong desire to implement change and has a passion and love for what they do as well as working on teams that solve interesting, large-scale problems at a rapid pace.
This role will contribute heavily to the buildout and iteration of our existing and emerging systems, powering an ever-expanding set of product offerings. As a member of our engineering team, you will be in a position to have a direct, lasting impact everywhere that technology powers our business.
This role has the opportunity to help shape and grow our new platform, as well as work within new and growing technologies. It’s a very exciting time to join our engineering team!
- Be heavily involved in architectural decisions and the buildout of our new, service-oriented platform
- Help support and continue to refine our sophisticated wholesale pricing engine that considers quantity, location, customer price scheduling, and license constraints
- Be involved with critical software design decisions that will have a lasting impact on the platform and products
- Build integrations with our various 3rd party solutions such as state-required seed-2-sale systems for custody tracking
- Work on robust inventory and warehouse management systems
- Work with other team members to build and deliver industry-leading API tools that our dynamic user base have come to rely upon to power their businesses
- Be able to troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve issues quickly and effectively when they arise
- Provide technical guidance and help mentor engineering, QA, operations, and product staff to deliver the best possible solutions for the company
- Help define, document, evolve, and evangelize high engineering standards and best practices across multiple areas
- 5+ years working in a fast-paced software environment as an engineer focused on API services, supporting systems, and 3rd party vendor integrations
- Proven track record of practical, thoughtful problem solving
- Experience working on high-traffic, international systems
- Extensive experience working with Python and modern web frameworks
- Experience working in and advocating for agile environments
- Extensive experience working with relational databases and ORMs to interact with them
- Experience with queueing systems (Celery, SQS, Pub/Sub, etc)
- Familiar with software security best practices
- Advanced experience with unit testing, it’s concepts, and associated tools
- Well-versed in version control systems (Git)
- Experience building applications and working with underlying systems that work within fully containerized environments (Docker, Kubernetes) a plus
- Generous PTO
- Fun office environment
- Competitive salary
- Benefit Matching (medical, dental, vision)
- 401k Offered
- Stock options
- Team events
- New office in FiDi
Friday, November 22, 2019