DevOps Manager NYC
- New York, NY
We are a very fast growing platform that powers some of the highest traffic websites on earth. Our web traffic consists of over 25 Billion messages monthly. We are using very cutting edge technology which includes AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, Redis, and much more!
We have an immediate full-time permanent position at our NYC Headquarters for a DevOps Manager who has strong experience with high availability / high traffic sites. We are looking for someone who is a strategic thinker and has strong experience building and scaling DevOps environments at companies that have gone through high growth phases. The Manager of the DevOps team will need to guide the team's initiatives and make sure they are scalable for our rapid growth. The role is very "tool agnostic" but the current tech stack consists of Ruby, Chef, AWS, Docker, Kafka, Kubernetes Redis. Postgres, Mongo,
What Will You Do?
- Be the strategic leader of our highly talented DevOps team. You will have 8 Direct Reports now, and by the end of 2019, that will grow to 12 Direct Reports.
- You will scale everything. We are growing really rapidly, and things happen very quickly.
- You will be the bridge between our senior management team and engineering.
- You will be involved in the planning and architecture of our already awesome Cloud environment.
- You will plan and manage our DevOps initiatives, which you will help create
- You will work with your staff 1 on 1 and in teams to plan, execute, and deliver within an Agile environment.
- What Skills Do You Have?
- You have 5+ years of experience in DevOps, with 3+ years of staff management
- Proven ability in people management, strategic planning, risk management, change management, cost optimization, and project management
- You are a visionary that understands that things need to be built at scale to truly grow
- Hands-on DevOps skills are a great plus, but the strategy is going to be very important.
- You are an excellent communicator and can work with a talented and diverse team.
What's in it for You?
- Base Salary of $200-215K
- Great Bonus
- Matching 401K
- Excellent Benefits for you and your family
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Daily Lunches and Snacks
- Too many other perks to mention
Please contact Chad.Goldstein@averityteam.com
Averity is a collaborative, supportive, and respectful environment comprised of people from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. These differences, combined with a team attitude and an open communication environment, are what lead us to innovation and an unparalleled experience for everyone we interact with
Friday, August 9, 2019