Lead GO Engineer & Architect - SaaS Product with 1100+ Clients
- New York, NY
Are you looking to step into a Lead Software Engineering position using GO for services? Do you want to work for a company with over 1100 clients? If you said YES, you should read this!
What’s the job?
The role for a Lead Software Engineer is on our core services team of 3 in New York. Our team build all the services that are used by the other Engineers in the company: 90 in New York City and 30 full time in Ukraine.
We are scaling our architecture by migrating from a monolith to microservices. We are leveling up our platform by enhancing our test coverage, observability, alerting, and performance. We are moving towards an API driven architecture that is powered by gRPC-based services.
- Work with the team to lead and establish world class practices and infrastructure
- Help establish best practices in engineering including code reviews and build standards
- Design, create and own high quality, scalable and heavily tested software across our stack
- Evolve our systems through solid architectural design and driving best practices through code review
- Provide technical mentorship to engineers across our organization
- Work on a cross-functional team(s), partnering across engineering, product, design, and business functions
What do you need for this role?
- Production experience (at least a few years):
AWS (at least 1 year, in AWS, with other cloud in other years)
Architecting scalable systems (mid-100s or 1000 rps scale)
Building APIs (e.g.,libraries, REST, microservices)
Service development experience (e.g., microservices, SOA)
- We are language agnostic and aim to hire engineers with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on challenges and make an impact. However, we would love someone with GO experience.
- If you don’t bring GO experiences to the table, we’re not worried about it. If this is the case, we would prefer you have a background in either Java or Scala. We have noticed that the code structure and ecosystem has a great depth to it that has transitioned well to our team
- Strong understanding of scalable architectures for distributed systems
- Microservices experience
- Strong object-oriented or general software design skills
- Strong discipline on estimation, commitment and delivery of software
- You are analytical and can identify and weigh architectural design tradeoffs
- You have working knowledge of relational databases and schema design principles
- Able to lead through influence, rather than authority
Who are we and what’s in it for you?
- We were founded in 2012 to create a platform as intuitive as social media, but powerful enough to support the complexity of today’s workforce. Our belief is that great companies are built on a great employee experience, which is why we created a platform employees love to use.
- We’re mission-driven, client-obsessed, and care deeply about our employees.We believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career, and we’re just getting started.
- We have over 1100 clients
- Phenomenal insurance packages to choose from
- 401K plans and financial strategies as well as letting the employees know where they should be at in their career via salary and continuing education.
- Salary in the $180-$200k depending on experience plus equity
If you're looking to step into a Lead position on a team of 3 using GO, apply today!
Friday, October 4, 2019