- New York, NY
We are one of the top Data Companies in New York and are growing very rapidly. We aspire to set the standard of excellence for the data-driven advertising industry. Our technology & data science empowers brands and their agencies to maximize the value of their customer data and transform the way they connect with audiences.
We are looking for someone who can work well independently who also embraces a great team dynamic! The Linux Engineer will be responsible for the maintenance of a 7 x 24 x 365 production environment running Linux (CentOS 6 and 7). The scope of work includes server/hardware installations, OS upgrades, patch management, configuration management, release management, automation, and security administration. Time will be split between ops related work and development work, the scope of which would be to reduce the amount of ops work through automation and new features.
What will the DevOps Engineer Do?
- Build and maintain a highly automatic, self-healing, scalable infrastructure.
- Support and maintain on-premise production servers (Lenovo, IBM, and HP blades and rackmount servers) as we migrate into the cloud.
- Server hardware installation; OS installation using installation tools (Cobbler, Kickstart, Salt, Puppet, etc).
- Responsible for server builds, configuration, backups and patches.
- Evaluate and implement new technologies that furthers the adoption of DevOps practices
- Provide guidance during the planning stage to development teams in relation to system design/architecture.
- Work closely with development and operation teams during the entire service lifecycle from inception to production with the goal to produce reliable, scalable services.
- Maintain and add additional features to the CI/CD pipeline.
- Develop checks and maintain system health monitoring and administration tools (Icinga, Grafana, ELK, InfluxDB).
- Automate away repeated tasks
- Evangelize DevOps principles and practices.
Preferred Experience for a DevOps Engineer
- 5+ years Linux experience in a 24x7 production environment. with solid understanding of performance tuning and end-to-end troubleshooting.
- 3+ years Software Development experience (Java preferred)
- Install and manage tomcat and jetty applications including experience with JVM internals and tuning.
- Dev Tools including Git and Jenkins
One or more of the following is a PLUS, but not a Requirement:
- Load Balancing Technologies (LVS, Piranha, Consul)
- Routing and Switching (BGP, Cisco IOS)
- Docker is a big PLUS
- Hadoop and related technologies (HDFS, YARN, Hive, Tez, Spark, Flume, Zookeeper, Ambari)
- NoSQL databases (Cassandra, Scylla) and relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL).
- Open source virtualization technologies (oVirt)
- Messaging Brokers (Kafka)
Tuesday, October 8, 2019