General Summary: With advanced knowledge and high level skills, installs, repairs, troubleshoots and performs other general tasks related to the maintenance, installation and repair of avionics systems and components on a variety of airframes in a safe and clean work environment according to manufacturer’s specifications, company-approved procedures, and customer specifications. Avionics Wiring Tech III must be capable, and experienced to perform effective installation and troubleshooting of the most complicated avionics system installations. Trains less experienced employees through the OJT process. Prepares and completes appropriate documentation. Meets the requirements for designation as a Production Inspector.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Performs installations, troubleshooting, and repairs of the most complicated nature on aircraft avionics systems and components on a variety of airframes in a timely, clean, safe and professional manner with no rework, with a superior level of quality, craftsmanship, and efficiency.
2. Makes sound technical decisions as a technician and when functioning as Production Inspector. Efficiently and effectively installs, troubleshoots, function tests, and repairs the most complicated aircraft avionics systems across a variety of aircraft makes and models.
3. Expertly prepares various documents for record keeping purposes, as required by Company policies, FAA Approved Repair Station and Quality Control Manuals, All FAA regulations (FARs), OEM Aircraft Manufacturer Manuals, etc. to include turnovers, and personal training logs. Assists Junior Avionics Wiring Techniciansin these efforts.
4. Demonstrates proficiency of Elliott Aviation work order system by completing accurate and timely discrepancies and corrective action statements. Assists Junior Avionics Wiring Technicians in these efforts.
5. Willingly and effectively shares knowledge and capabilities with less experienced technicians through OJT to foster their development, ensure accurate work, and support of the team’s goals. Acts as mentor and task expert for new avionicspersonnel.
6. Proficiently and consistently locates and uses the appropriate technical data to accomplish any and all tasks.
7. Supports, maintains, and complies with all Environmental, Health and Safety federal, OSHA, state and local regulations
8. In the absence of the Crew Chief, accepts ownerships of the work scope and established milestones relative to the successful and timely completion of these projects. Leads minor Aircraft Projects from time to time, as directed by the Crew Chief.
9. Performs related duties, as assigned by management.
Job Specific Requirements:
Licenses:?Airframe & Power plant Certificate and/or FCC License preferred.
Eligibility for designation as a Production Inspector
Ability to attain & retain AOA badge or Airport requirements
Competencies:?Must be willing to manage a team with both experienced technicians and mentor junior technicians with a calm demeanor.
Willingness to learn by taking guidance from others.
Ability to communicate well in straight-forward situations
Organizational skills and attention to detail
Ability to maintain a safe and clean work environment
Must possess excellent mechanical aptitude and a desire to work
Physical: Routinely lifts up to 10 lbs, occasionally lifts up to 50 lbs
Stands for long periods of time, with frequent bending, squatting, kneeling and stooping
Uses hands to reach and feel, with repetitive motion
Good finger dexterity
Reads, writes, speaks and understands English fluently
Visual acuity correctable to 20/20
Works in confined spaces, extreme temperatures, heights above six feet, noisy environments and flying
Works with and around products and materials associated with aircraft maintenance
Ability to work overtime hours may be required as an essential function of this role based on business conditions and customer needs
Other:Must possess minimum tooling required to perform duties assigned
Must be able to work various shifts, as assigned by management.
Education and Experience:
High school graduate or equivalency degree required.
Thorough knowledge and understanding of FARs 43, 91, 135, 145.
Five years avionics installation experience required.