Inspects, troubleshoots, repairs, modifies and maintains AGE support equipment used in direct support of aircraft and supervises support equipment maintenance activities.
Duties And Responsibilities:
• Advises on Technical Problems of Repair, Maintenance and Modification of Support Equipment:
- Solves repair or maintenance problems by studying layout drawings, wiring diagrams, schematic diagrams and technical instructions.
- Determines proper maintenance and repair procedures to correct defective or malfunctioning equipment.
- Diagnoses recurring malfunctions and recommends corrective action by initiation of Material Deficiency Reports, proposed modifications or other prescribed means.
- Determines proper and suitable substitution of parts and components.
- Recommends revised policies or work methods to facilitate full training and use of personnel and equipment.
- Uses prescribed test sets to determine proper operation of equipment, interprets findings and makes corrective adjustments.
• Troubleshoots, Repairs, Overhauls and Modifies Support Equipment:
- Diagnoses malfunctions, using visual and auditory sense, test equipment and applicable technical publications.
- Performs repair of equipment such as compressors, hydraulic/pneumatic sets, cabin leak tester, air conditioners, heaters and test stands.
- Performs operator maintenance, servicing and inspection of bomb lifts, hydraulic rigs, GPUs and GPU coolers.
- Removes, tests, repairs or replaces components and accessories such as engine assemblies, induction systems, carburetors, fuel injectors, governors, air and oil cleaners, ignition points and harness, distributors, magnetos, starters, generators, batteries, turbines, regulators and control panels.
- Checks and adjusts tolerances of valves, bearings, cams, clutches, drive shafts and couplings.
- Operates and tests ground equipment for leakage, output, pressure, adjustment and freedom of operation.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, checks, adjusts, tests and operates exclusive of overhaul of small gas turbine engines.
- Performs corrosion control.
• Supervises Support Equipment Personnel:
- Plans and schedules work assignments.
- Establishes work methods, production controls and performance standards.
- Orients newly assigned personnel.
- Assigns individual maintenance tasks to subordinates and establishes priorities for work accomplishment.
- Evaluates work performed in equipment maintenance activities in terms of compliance with directives, technical orders, work standards and operational policies.
- Conducts on-the-job training.
• Implements OJT to include development of Job proficiency Guides (JPGs), correct use of training forms, procedures and record keeping.
• Indoctrinates newly assigned personnel in local operating procedures, methods and regulations.
• Evaluates adequacy of OJT and recommends formal training for selected individuals.
Knowledge of principles of electricity, electronics, heating, refrigeration, pneumatics, hydraulics, gasoline and internal combustion engines and small gas turbines that apply to support equipment; concepts and application of RSAFM 66 series and supporting publications and use of applicable technical publications, blueprints, diagrams, material and maintenance control procedures is mandatory.
USAF/RSAF or equivalent technical training courses.
5-8 years experience in the career field.
Completion of a basic support equipment maintenance course is mandatory.
Normal color vision is mandatory.