Sr. Software Engineer - Ad Network Team
Back River Search
- Cambridge, MA
Our client is a tech company focused on making online travel better. Every day millions of people in over 30 countries look to their tools to help them find flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages. Their website and mobile app enable their users to easily compare hundreds of travel sites at once.
They're looking for creative thinkers who can help us continue creating the best technology in travel. You'll be challenged, and you'll have fun.
We are looking for a highly intelligent backend developer who will be to develop, create, and modify the computer applications that support the platform ad network.
- Backend development of the ad network software applications, including ad targeting, bidding, content management, and other adjacent sub-systems
- Individual and team-based design and development of new features and products related to the ad network
- Utilize and develop against several different types of data storage systems that support the ad network, including but not limited to MySQL, memcache, Hive/Hadoop, proprietary storage systems.
- Identification and resolution of complex software problems related to the ad network
- Analysis and resolution of scalability issues in the ad network software applications
- Be an active participant in the ongoing maintenance and improvement to existing ad network services and feature-set
- 5+ years Java experience, experience with Java web development a plus
- Amazing programming fundamentals
- Working knowledge of SQL, Hive/Hadoop a plus
- Some front end development experience preferred, but not required
- Team player who likes to engage with colleagues at a professional and personal level
- Someone who can handle a high volume of requests with frequent interruptions and prioritize their own work while taking infrastructure and business needs into account
- Must have excellent technical communication skills
What we can offer you:
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous 401(k) matching
- 3 year anniversary travel bonus
- Awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Great deals on Hotels
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Flexible hours
- Free massages from professional masseuse
- Yoga classes/Gym available
- Regular team events/excursions
Wednesday, October 17, 2018