Federal Sales Director
Back River Search
- Washington, DC
Our client builds artificial intelligence applications that read and write to accelerate our understanding of the world. We help the world’s largest organizations across industries analyze the ever-growing volume of digital text to uncover unseen connections, discover insights, and automatically generate reports with graphics.
The Federal Sales Director will act as the primary point person to grow our client’s market presence in the US Intelligence Community.
You will work with executives and leadership at customer organizations to understand their challenges and find opportunities for its suite of NLP/NLG technologies to support their needs, drive value, and managing and developing a growing book of business. By utilizing your business and technical relationships you will quickly close business by helping to define, identify, and pursue key opportunities.
Your goal – to get our client into the hands of Federal IC and DOD users allowing them to quickly understand the world around them.
- Serve as a key initial member of the US Federal team - grow current accounts, identify prospects, diagnose needs, prescribe solutions, negotiate, and problem solve to build and meet Government customers’ demand for our client’s services.
- Identify, engage and close business within DOD and the Intelligence community.
- Position yourself as an industry leader by understanding customer needs and helping them drive value from our client.
- Set a strategic sales plan for your target markets and ensure it's in line with the strategic direction.
- Collaborate with internal partners (e.g., product, engineering, customer success) and colleagues to provide use case and product feedback, develop fresh approaches to utilizing the system, understand winning strategies, and champion sustained success.
- Serve as a key member of the US Federal team in helping to drive market and technical strategy.
- Understand the technical considerations, contracting requirements, and certifications specific to the US Federal Government.
What we Value:
- Minimum 7 years of enterprise sales experience with leading SaaS providers with a strong background and domain knowledge of US Intelligence Community and the Department of Defense.
- Have knowledge of ML and NLP, systems architecture, enterprise application integrations, and working with software services.
- You strive for operational excellence, ability to effectively utilize your own time, and are passionate about demonstrating the power of technology to help tackle some of the most important ML challenges.
- You are consultative in relationships with your customers, prospects, and partners and have ability to establish trust.
- Can communicate both with developers and executives both verbally and written.
- Track record for exceeding quota.
- Previously served as a Sales Engineer or other technical field.
- Self-motivated with a sense of urgency and follow-through with the ability to multi-task and work many sales opportunities simultaneouslyExperience working in a fast growing startup.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience. Bonus: MBA and/or Masters in Computer Science or Math.
- This position requires that you're a US citizen and currently possess and maintain an active TS security clearance.
Thursday, February 21, 2019