Product Operations Director
Back River Search
- San Francisco, CA
At some point everyone ends up lost and uninformed in the healthcare system, eventually paying too much for care they may not have needed. We’ve all been there.
That’s why the founders started this company — to save healthcare.
Patients need a trusted guide for their healthcare journey and doctors need more time to focus on delivering high-quality care. Our client is using technology to create a value-based healthcare marketplace to increase the quality of care and reduce costs.
Your role as a Product Operations Leader:
- Manage the team (which you will build overtime) and build the infrastructure responsible for executing operational strategy and processes which enable our products.
- Solve and provide solutions for unstructured data driven problems.
- Work closely with the product team to understand and define the operational requirements to successfully launch and support new and existing products.
- Evaluate the operational overhead and implied profitability of new products and/or features.
- Build the necessary infrastructure, processes, and analytics to support new and existing products
- Continuously optimize with an eye towards scalability, automation and profitability
- Other specifics include,...
- Enable a world class support team that can scale efficiently with demand and hit SLAs.
- Develop and enable an analytics capability which helps inform product/feature prioritization and investment, plus provider rollout.
- Design and implement processes to facilitate integration.
- Enable team members to manage vendors to operate our products.
- There will be more which we discover :).
How will success be measured?
- Profitability (North star metric of Operations)
- Product conversion (shared with Product Team)
- Adherence to SLAs
Requirements needed so you can be successful:
- Soft Skills:
- Strong manager, able to define clear goals and “what success looks like”
- Strategic problem solver and comfortable with making the best available assumptions
- Proactive communicator and an even better listener who excels working cross functionally
- Ability to develop ideas from insights, to planning and through to implementation
- Highly quantitative and enjoys analysis
- Highly systematic thinker, process oriented and meticulous
- Curious and creative in the ways they gather and present information
- Hard Skills:
- Experience building and managing a high performing team
- Experience working on or closely with a product team at a software company
- Multiple repetitions of building scalable products, processes, and/or capabilities
- Deep understanding of defining operational requirements
- Extensive modeling experience in excel and potentially other tools
- Experience developing presentations and presenting to senior and junior audiences
Nice to have, but certainly not necessary:
- Healthcare experience
- Experience building and managing a support team
Company: Our client is headquartered in San Francisco, with R&D in Tel Aviv, and are backed by GreatPoint Ventures, Optum, Sequoia Israel and large BCBS payers. Their customers include health plans and at-risk healthcare systems.
Monday, January 7, 2019