Director of People Operations
Back River Search
- San Francisco, CA
Our client is in search for a Director of People Operations! This will be our first dedicated HR hire, and as such you will lead the charge on designing and implementing our people strategy as we rapidly grow, structuring to support 100+ employees, including remote offices. You will maintain a high-level perspective of the company, but also be hands-on operationally.
You are a highly personable, driven, dynamic individual with a real passion for people. You are fluent in organizational development, employee relations, compensation program design and administration, workforce management, diversity and inclusion, and have a consistent track record of building employee programs that support a high-performance culture.
Our client is an artificial intelligence company that organizes and analyzes text-based data sources and generates analyst-grade natural language summaries for a variety of industries. Our objective is to help our customers understand the world around them -- whether it is emerging geopolitical events, development of a product line or area of research, or monitoring a portfolio of companies’ financial performances. We are rapidly growing and have plans in the next year to double from 60-70 people.
Our client’s technology is deployed by some of the world’s largest government agencies, financial institutions, and Fortune 50 companies. They hav raised $54mm from growth investors, including DCVC and Lux Capital.
- Lead the People function, owning all aspects of the employee experience across our expanding SF, NYC and DC offices
- Work alongside company leaders to understand the organization and people needs; build effective strategies grounded in data to support those needs
- Support leaders in identifying performance and engagement opportunities, identify trends from talent planning, performance management and develop strategies to address gaps
- Design, create and implement training programs
- Measure employee engagement and drive diversity and inclusivity initiatives
- Own culture and value initiatives
- Audit and ensure compliance with local, state, and federal employment laws
- Design and implement performance management processes and systems
- Act as a coach and mentor; listen effectively and build rapport with employees at all levels of the company
- Manage our PEO (Trinet), assess and potentially transition to a new HRIS
- Support benefits administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, and communicating benefits information to employees
- 7+ years of People Operations / HR role experience of increasing responsibility in a high growth organization (bonus if you’ve supported growth from 50-250 people!)
- BS/BA degree required, Masters degree preferred, related certifications a plus
- A positive mindset, always focused on an amazing employee experience
- Experience designing and implementing scalable HR programs
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team
- Maintain a close-knit culture where employees are well acquainted across teams as we expand in all of our offices
- Manage all employer sponsored immigration cases for employees
- Well versed in current HR regulations and complianceProven organization development experience
- Confident, capable leader with a proven record of success that is approachable and capable of working with people at all levels
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial environment of constant change
What We Offer:
- Amazing, smart co-workers - really, they’re amazing!
- Proactive learning and teaching opportunities via individual book allowances, AI + machine learning tech talks, and brown bag lunches
- Catered meals
- Team outings and company happy hours
- Fun, puzzle-loving office in the SF Financial District
- Fun employee activities, including running, cycling, climbing and skiing
Friday, March 22, 2019