Our client is a tech company focused on making online travel better. Every day millions of people in over 30 countries look to their tools to help them find flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages. Their website and mobile app enable their users to easily compare hundreds of travel sites at once.
They're looking for creative thinkers who can help us continue creating the best technology in travel. You'll be challenged, and you'll have fun.
Reporting to the Hosting Operations Manager will be a key member of a team responsible for administering the production hosting environment for our client, a worldwide leader in Internet travel search. The successful candidate for this position will be a self-starter with a wide range of skills in Linux/LAMP server hosting environments. A pleasant demeanor and a can-do attitude are a must for this position.
• Administering Linux/Apache/Tomcat servers and applications in production, staging and development environments.
• Troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing issues in the production environment.
• Build/install/patch production releases of application software on a rotating basis.
• Performing 24X7 on call duty on a rotating basis. Requirments
• 3+ years experience with application and Linux/Apache/Tomcat administration in a high volume web hosting operation. (RedHat/CentOS preferred)
• Strong TCP/IP networking skills including in depth knowledge of DNS, SMTP, HTTP, HTTPS and SSH protocols.
• Experience building and deploying production application software. Source code management/GIT experience desirable.
• Strong ruby/groovy/python/perl/bash or equivalent scripting capabilities.
• Experience implementing and administering operations automation and configuration management software. Puppet experience preferred.
• Experience configuring and administering switches, firewalls and load balancers.
• Experience implementing and configuring monitoring tools
• Experience administering MySQL databases. The successful candidate will have the following attributes
• Initiative: ability to identify and complete tasks on your own.
• Top-notch troubleshooter: ability to dive into issues, resolve them and find the root cause quickly while under duress.
• Clear and effective communicator: ability to effectively work with internal and external customers and partners.
• Multi-tasker: ability to manage multiple tasks and properly prioritize them.
• Ability to document your work and keep that documentation up to date.
• Thrives in an environment with very strong colleagues.
Benefits And Perks
• 4 weeks paid vacation
• Day off on your birthday
• Generous retirement plans
• Awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• No stupid meetings
• Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
• Flexible hours
• Free massages from professional masseuse
• Regular team events/excursions