Sales Director - NYC
Back River Search
- New York, NY
The NYC Sales Director will act as the primary point person to grow our client’s market presence in the financial services industry.
You will work with executives and leadership at customer organizations to understand their challenges and find opportunities for our client’s suite of NLP/NLG technologies to support their needs, drive value, and managing and developing a growing book of business. By utilizing your business and technical relationships you will quickly close business by helping to define, identify, and pursue key opportunities.
Your goal – to get our client into the hands of analysts at the bulge bracket banks allowing them to quickly understand the world around them.
Build machines that can read and write.
Our client builds artificial intelligence applications that read and write to accelerate our understanding of the world. They help the world’s largest organizations across industries analyze the ever growing volume of digital text to uncover unseen connections, discover insights, and automatically generate reports with graphics.
- Serve as a key initial member of the NYC sales team - grow current accounts, identify prospects, diagnose needs, prescribe solutions, negotiate, and problem-solve to build and meet customers’ demand for our client’s services.
- Identify, engage and close business within the big bulge banks.
- Position yourself as an industry leader by understanding customer needs and helping them drive value from our client.
- Set a strategic sales plan for your target markets and ensure it's in line with the client’s strategic direction.
- Collaborate with internal partners (e.g., product, engineering, customer success) and colleagues to provide use-case and product feedback, develop fresh approaches to utilizing the system, understand winning strategies, and champion sustained success.
- Serve as a key member of the NYC sales team in helping to drive market and technical strategy.
- Understand the technical considerations, contracting requirements, and certifications specific to heavily regulated markets.
What we Value
- Minimum 7 years of enterprise sales experience with leading SaaS providers with a strong background and domain knowledge of the bulge bracket banks.
- Have knowledge of ML and NLP, systems architecture, enterprise application integrations, and working with software services.
- You strive for operational excellence, ability to effectively utilize your own time, and are passionate about demonstrating the power of technology to help tackle some of the most important ML challenges.
- You are consultative in relationships with your customers, prospects, and partners and have the ability to establish trust.
- Can communicate both with developers and executives both verbally and written.
- A track record for exceeding quota.
- Self-motivated with a sense of urgency and follow-through with the ability to multi-task and work many sales opportunities simultaneously.
- Experience working in a fast-growing startup.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience. Bonus: MBA and/or Masters in Computer Science or Math
Wednesday, February 13, 2019