Our client's mission is to provide the world's favorite travel planning tools. With every query, our client searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages. And because our team is always on the lookout for ways to make travel planning and trip management even easier, we offer a variety of tools and features such as Trips, Explore and Price Forecast and are constantly evolving our app, Facebook Messenger and Slack bots, Alexa skill and related A.I. innovations.
The Release Engineering team is responsible for the production continuous delivery pipeline, as well as automating site operations processes. Release Engineering bridges the gap between engineering and operations. Recent projects include:
• A Slack bot to notify developers when a build is broken
• A web app that Operations and QA use to monitor staging and production environments, as well as schedule service outages
• A custom artifact storage system
• A highly concurrent command-line deploy tool
• A tool for adjusting service capacity in production
• Automated vm image builds with Packer
• A “canary” production deploy process
• Many one-off deployment pipelines for various development teams
The ideal candidate:
• Executes well. Embraces the 20/80 rule and focuses on what’s important.
• Is proficient in at least one programming language.
• Has used version control, written unit tests, used a dependency management system, and considered differentstrategies for packaging or deploying code.
• Likes to write code that is clear, concise, and well-designed.
• Is proficient in Linux systems administration.
• Has strong command-line skills.
• Is comfortable digging in to performance and reliability problems.
• Doesn’t mind performing upgrades or backups.
• Is passionate about infrastructure automation, configuration management, monitoring, and site reliability.
• Is not deterred by technical debt, or the prospect of making changes in production.
• Enjoys collaborating with teammates while designing new projects.
• Is comfortable in a role that involves providing customer service for other teams in the engineering organization.
• Has been responsible for systems that other people depend on, either internal (eg. continuous integration cluster) or user-facing (eg. production website).
• Has experience with any of the following: Puppet, Ruby, Git, Atlassian Bamboo, Jira, Bitbucket, Vault, Packer, AWS, Selenium
Benefits and Perks:
• 4 weeks paid vacation
• Day off on your birthday
• Generous retirement plans
• Awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• No stupid meetings
• Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
• Flexible hours
• Free massages from professional masseuse
• Regular team events/excursions