Sr. Product Manager
Back River Search
- San Francisco, CA
Our client is an Artificial Intelligence company that organizes and analyzes text-based data sources and generates analyst-grade natural language summaries for a variety of industries. Our objective is to help our customers understand the world around them -- whether it is emerging geopolitical events, development of a product line or area of research, or monitoring a portfolio of companies’ financial performances.
Product development moves rapidly between research, design, engineering, and testing. Product managers keep this process running smoothly, making sure everyone has a shared understanding of the big picture. Product managers manage innovation within the constraints of delivery deadlines and evolving customer needs. They jump between strategic planning, problem-solving facilitation, ideation sessions, deep-dives into scientific literature, and user testing.
- Roadmap: Work with customers, the business, and engineering to set strategy and collect and prioritize requirements.
- Execute: Work with data scientists, machine learning engineers, software engineers, and designers to build products that delight our customers.
- Invent: Think widely about potential applications of machine learning and natural language processing techniques, translating the capabilities of these techniques into business value for customers.
- 5+ years of product management for a technology company (bonus for experience with enterprise software)
- Bonus to have experience in the legal or National Security space
- Experience working with Data Scientists or Machine Learning engineers
- Demonstrated success in delivering new products and features
- Ability to build and share a representative and empathetic understanding of customers
- Ability to set strategic direction, prioritize, and articulate the rationale behind decisions
- Cross-functional leadership ability
- Degree in Computer Science or similar discipline
- A desire to contribute, learn, and make things happen
- Comfortable with the pace of a fast growing early stage start up
Monday, March 11, 2019