Senior .NET Engineer
Back River Search
- San Francisco, CA
Since 1999 our client's platform has enabled over 30 million conversations from around the globe confirming them as the leader in phone and web-based advice and information services.
Their communication and e-commerce platform continues to evolve. Their innovative community-based tools, and proprietary web, voice, and mobile technologies help nurture valuable relationships between people for the exchange of information. Their platform supports several marketplaces connecting people in real-time (or through appointments), 24/7, for fee based conversations.
The company was sold to AT&T/Yellowpages in 2007 and emerged as an independent private company again in May 2013. They are a highly successful business comprised of a talented group of people led by first-class management team in San Francisco, CA.
They are actively seeking a Senior .NET Engineer to join their small, independent team. In this role, you will work with a range of platforms and technologies and define and implement new architectures and interactive features. With your leadership and hands-on engineering, we expect to continue our current pace of architectural evolution and to accelerate by following a vision that you help define.
Role & Responsibility:
- Create and maintain libraries, services, and databases to support our architecture
- Maintain and enhance our ASP.NET websites to achieve the goals defined by our product team
- Update our development tools, deployment pipeline, testing, and monitoring
- Assist remote teams and contractors who are integrating with our infrastructure
- Contribute to PHP and Node.js projects as required
- Design and execute architecture-level enhancements that make our properties robust and easy to maintain
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- 4+ years of experience with C#
- Ability to conceive and communicate architecture, design, and technical concepts
- Familiarity with web scale development, continuous integration, deployment to the cloud or a server farm, and production monitoring
- SQL Server or MySQL experience
- Ability work with a team, communicate, and collaborate in response to rapidly changing requirements
Additional Skills & Experience a Plus:
- TeamCity or Jenkins
- Container orchestration
Based in San Francisco, our client is a well-established media platform with a growing audience that numbers in the millions. We serve our audience with mobile native and natural language interfaces, and we continue to evaluate new platforms for content distribution and interactivity.
Tuesday, December 18, 2018