Director of Bakery Operations
The Bakery Recruiter
- Dallas, TX
Position: Director of Bakery Operations
Location: Dallas, Texas or Houston, Texas
The Director of Bakery Operations is responsible the performance and operations of a state-of-the-art, automated food manufacturing facility including the production of Baked Goods (breads, cakes, pies, sweet breads, muffins, savory, and donuts) that meet quality, cost, and efficiency standards. You will drive the performance through the development of short and long-term operating goals and standards for continuous improvement, quality, cost reductions, production volumes, efficiencies, and safety. You will be accountable for the P&L, Financial reporting, and providing feedback to management on the plant’s profitability.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Engineering, or Business. (MBA is a plus)
- At least 5 years of Bakery Manufacturing experience serving Retail, Hospitality, Institutional, and Food Service.
- PMP Certification or Project Management experience with Greenfield or Brownfield start-up operations.
- Knowledgeable with regards to operations of all plant departments: production, quality, maintenance, materials management, finance, human resources, etc…
- Strong Business Acumen and working knowledge of Continuous Improvement, Equipment design and installation, Project Management, and financial reporting.
- Bilingual (English / Spanish)
Oversee manufacturing operations of Commercial Baking facility to ensure high performance standards in all manufacturing metrics and Key Process Indicators (KPI).
- Lead a culture focused on Continuous Improvement from Manufacturing through Customer Purchase.
- Partners with R&D, Purchasing, Material, Engineering, Quality Assurance, Maintenance, Sales, Human Resources, Finance, Supply Chain, and Customer Service.
- Extend capabilities to meet market needs and support profitable growth of the products produced: frozen/raw, par-baked, ready-to-bake, and thaw/serve products.
- Build an team that is customer focused, flexible, and delivers end-to-end Quality products.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, and Federal rules and regulations.
Monday, April 5, 2021
$150,000 to $180,000