Field Service Manager
- Kalamazoo, MI
Our client is looking for a talented Field Service Manager to lead contractors and technicians in the removal, installation, commissioning, troubleshooting, and field repair of NEMA and Above NEMA frame motors throughout the Midwest.
- 15+ years’ experience in AC and DC electric motor field service work.
- Must be able to be the “go-to” person for motor inspections, removals & installs and startups in the field. AC, DC, Synchronous, Wound Rotor, Vertical, etc. Must be very experienced with troubleshooting and startups.
- Above NEMA frame experience required. – must have a diverse experience with large AC and DC motors / generators and pedestal machines. This includes medium and high voltage machines (up to 13.8kv) – including large Kingsbury verticals.
- Experience testing AC and DC Motors – Baker/PdMA/Electrom, etc. Megger, Surge, HiPot, Partial Discharge, etc.
- DC Motor field maintenance – brush holders, brushes, commutators, setting neutral, etc. Must have experience with very large DC machines – 1000HP+
- Dry Ice Cleaning of motors and generators experience is a plus.
- Must be willing to travel for overnights as well as just one-day jobs. Jobs will generally be located in the Midwest, within a 5-hour radius of Kalamazoo, MI with the bulk being within a 3-hour drive from SW Michigan.
- Must be able to provide technical direction to crews that are unfamiliar with motors as well as jump in and work on the job.
- Have a proven track record of coordinating teams in the field, dealing with clients, coordinating all aspects of a field job. Prep, onsite, and post job documentation.
- Be able to accurately predict hours, create work-scopes and required equipment to plan/quote jobs. Must be able to create and send final reports.
We are currently interviewing candidates for this position. If your experience matches the description above, submit your resume by clicking on the “Apply” button below. We will contact all eligible candidates for a face-to-face interview with one of our representatives. If you have any questions about this position, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 225.773.5278.
If your profile does not match this job description, we still encourage you to reach out to one of our representatives, so we can learn about your professional aspirations for future job openings.
Bemana provides recruitment services to companies in the power and electro-mechanical repair industries while also helping job seekers advance their careers with companies that share their values. Through a rigorous selection and interviewing process, we are focused on growing companies with employees that are committed to their mission and passionate about their products and services.
Welcome to Bemana and we look forward to getting to know more about you.
Friday, July 3, 2020