- Concord, CA
ield Service Technician - Concord, CA
The Service Technician (West Coast) is responsible for the maintenance of (DR)UPS systems on sites. The Service Technician (West Coast) has a electrical and/or mechanical background and can perform troubleshooting.Main Objectives
- You will perform quarterly, semi-annual and annual preventive maintenance on sites. This involves mechanical and electrical preventive tasks such as re-greasing bearings, changing filters and Hydraulic oil for free wheel clutches, replacing and adjusting carbon brushes, replacing electrical components such as relays and sensors when required.
- Additionally, during the annual preventive maintenance a complete inspection of the control panels is performed.
- You will complete site check lists and reports; additionally it is your responsibility to fill out the “Field Service Report”. Also, supervision of outside diesel service technicians is required during the annual maintenance.
- Supervision of outside service technicians and other contractors is required during the annual maintenance, as well as, other possible jobs as dictated.
- The Service Technician (West Coast) is responsible to perform troubleshooting tasks of the equipment for both electrical and mechanical components with the help of the Helpdesk.
- You are responsible for disconnecting, reconnecting and performing alignment of major components such as generators, induction couplings and free wheel clutches when replacement is needed. In addition vibration measurements will be taken during most of the regular visits or when components are replaced. Checking and recording events with laptop computer is required in some cases.
- This job requires extensive traveling and availability 24-7-365 on short notice with waiting time between calls. An area of sites will be assigned; however, travel in the US may be required to help other regions. In rare cases this may include Mexican, Canadian, territories and South America or other foreign countries.
Required Skills and Profile
- Responsible to communicate, on site, with customers with a professional attitude, presentation and rapport. This may involve the confirmation of arrival time on site and status of the equipment.
- The company hiring emphasizes and demands the mental and physical attitude of first class service. This equipment is always in a critical application mode (24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year) and customers request first class service by first class professional technicians.
- Undergraduate degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in electrical and mechanical maintenance and service field
- Willingness to learn and travel when required (short notice)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as, excellent customer service skills
- Familiar with computer (laptop) basic operation
- Ability to project professional service attitude
- Willingness to work long hours when required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Monday, August 19, 2019