Class A Driver
- Ventura, CA
The Driver CDLA position delivers and picks up equipment to and from customers. In the Driver CDLA position, drivers are permitted to operate heavy equipment such as semi-trucks and trailers (“rollbacks” or “dove tails”) and tractor trailers consistent with DOT class A license classification. CDLA Drivers must be able to operate boom trucks and cranes according to manufacturer’s specifications. The primary objective of the driver is to meet the immediate equipment needs of customers through delivery of equipment in a safe and timely manner. We are looking for a person with a minimum of 2 years DOT regulated driving experience.
- Transport equipment directly to customer locations on time and in a safe and courteous manner.
- Unload and load directly at customer locations on time and in a safe and courteous manner.
- Arrange loads and distribute weights evenly.
- Properly secure loads to ensure safe transport on the roadways.
- Communicate with central dispatch upon arrival and departure.
- Complete paperwork timely and accurately; obtain all required signatures.
- Effectively determine safe routes to and from destinations.
- Maintain driver’s logs and complete pre-trip inspections.
- Adhere to all safety requirements particular to equipment including Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Determine customers’ ability to use equipment in a safe manner.
- Suggest equipment and supplies to meet customers’ other needs.
ADDITIONAL REQUIRED SKILLS
- Knowledge of GVW’s, state regulations regarding height and weight maximums
- Knowledge of winch operations, HAZMAT transport, placards
- HAZMAT endorsement, OSHA familiarity training
- Customer service orientation
- Attention to detail and safety
- Working knowledge of trench safety related products and applications
- Operate manual transmission vehicles
- Ability to see details at a distance or close range
- Ability to drive day or night in a variety of climates and traffic conditions
- Fuel vehicles and equipment
- Activities requiring handling and grasping with the hands when loading and unloading equipment and tying and winching down equipment
- Frequent use of foot/feet to operate foot pedal on equipment and trucks
- Frequent lifting up to 45 lbs; occasional lifting up to 75 lbs with assistance
- Exposure to bright light, extreme temperatures, loud noise, dust, gas or fumes
We are currently interviewing candidates for this position. If your experience matches the description above, submit your resume by clicking on the “apply” button below. We will contact all eligible candidates for a face-to-face interview with one of our representatives. If you have any questions about this position, please don’t hesitate to contact email@example.com
If your profile does not match this job description, we still encourage you to reach out to one of our representatives, so we can learn about your professional aspirations for future job openings.
Tuesday, March 10, 2020