We are hiring a Purchasing Representative on behalf of a well-established and regional company in the electric motor and rotating equipment industry. The Purchasing Representative will be responsible for ensuring appropriate inventory levels, vendor pricing negotiations and timeliness of products from vendors and customers products to the service center.
Key Responsibilities and Expectations:
• Provide support necessary to plan and achieve motor service and repair objectives
• Order parts for jobs promptly, as advised by department
• Negotiate contracts with vendors for service and quantity purchasing as directed by supervisor
• Maintain procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories
• Manage and track services being performed to ensure a high level of quality and delivery
• Resolve or assist in resolving all price and/or ordering discrepancies relative to purchased material
• Continually look for ways to improve the efficiency of the supply chain
Qualifications and Competencies:
• High school diploma, plus three to give years of experience as an industrial buyer or equivalent experience in related field
• Three years’ experience in manufacturing/services operational processes preferred
• Vendor and purchasing experience preferred
• Strong attention to detail and ability to follow directions with precise execution
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, follow standardized work procedures and apply strong analytical problem-solving dynamics in a continuous improvement environment
• Ability to communicate at all levels and from various backgrounds
• Strong customer focus with professional communication
• Available to work overtime
• Ability to perform math functions including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division including understanding fractions and percentages
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Basic computer skills
We are currently interviewing candidates for this position. If your experience matches the description above, submit your resume by clicking on the “apply” button below. We will contact all eligible candidates for a face-to-face interview with one of our representatives. If you have any questions about this position, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 901.570.0213.
If your profile does not match this job description, we still encourage you to reach out to one of our representatives, so we can learn about your professional aspirations for future job openings.
Bemana provides recruitment services to companies in the industrial and power industries while also helping job seekers advance their careers with companies that share their values. Through a rigorous selection and interviewing process, we are focused on growing companies with employees that are committed to their mission and passionate about their products and services.
Welcome to Bemana and we look forward to getting to know more about you.