- Cleveland, OH
We are looking for a talented winder to join our client's team. As a winder, you will apply strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills to prepare stators and/or armatures for AC/DC electric motors.
- Five years or more of experience in electric motor rewinding, AC / DC stator, rotor and armature winding with random and form coils.
- Winding experience from fractional HP to 1000 HP.
- Own your own tools
- Operate specialized repair and testing equipment, including but not limited to: winding machines, test panels, surge testers, core-loss testers, cut-off saws, burnout ovens, bake ovens, grinders, cranes, tow motor, brazing units, dip tanks, VPI systems and various hand-held power and non-power tools.
- The ability to read blueprints, schematics and shop drawings.
- Experience using calipers and reading micrometers.
- Mechanical or machining experience.
- Be physically fit enough to be able to stand for long periods, bend, twist, kneel and lift 50 lbs. without injury.
- Use at a basic level, computerized scanning devices, cameras and other common electronics.
- Perform a variety of operations winding armatures, fields, stators and rotors for electric motors and generators.
- Inspect various kinds of electro-mechanical equipment for damage and evidence of electrical malfunctions.
- Test condition of windings according to EASA standards.
- Check, clean, file and drift core as necessary.
- Test and insert coils and maintain dimensions given on data sheets.
- Place leads, solder or braze connections as required and insulate.
- Drive slot wedges, band as necessary or specified, prep for impregnation.
- Place surge rings; fasten, remove or install revolving field coils.
- Illustrate and/ or document all relevant data specific to unit’s electro-magnetic characteristics, operating conditions, existing damage or intended serviceability. Fill out company required paperwork completely and legibly.
- Prepare all reusable parts for rewinding and inspect renewed parts for hidden structural damage or unusual conditions.
- Rewind various kinds of electro-mechanical equipment, including but not limited to: single phase, three-phase, dc fields, armatures, wound rotors and transformers. Observe insulating techniques and/ or requirements during rewinding.
- Test rewound electro-mechanical equipment according to EASA standards and document results.
- Critically evaluate your own work so that it may be defect free.
- Observe all safety procedures and policies and use proper protective equipment (eye, ear, steel toe shoes / boots, gloves, etc).
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Willing and able to work overtime, weekdays and weekends, and be available to respond to customer emergencies.
We are currently interviewing candidates for this position. If your experience matches the description above, submit your resume by clicking on the “apply” button below. We will contact all eligible candidates for a face-to-face interview with one of our representatives. If you have any questions about this position, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 504.201.5570
If your profile does not match this job description, we still encourage you to reach out to one of our representatives, so we can learn about your professional aspirations for future job openings.
Bemana provides recruitment services to companies in the power industry while also helping job seekers advance their careers with companies that share their values. Through a rigorous selection and interviewing process, we are focused on growing companies with employees that are committed to their mission and passionate about their products and services.
Welcome to Bemana and we look forward to getting to know more about you.
Thursday, September 10, 2020