Electric Motor Mechanic
- Cleveland, OH
We are looking for a great electric motor mechanic to service, repair, troubleshoot and maintain AC/DC motors.
Technical Skill Requirements:
- Knowledgeable about industry/military maintenance and repair principles and standards
- Perform tasks per checklists in accordance with standard safety procedures
- Completes records such as work orders, testing records, and checklists
- Mechanical experience with electric motors and/or gear boxes, welding, or repairing and replacing mechanical components on industrial or heavy equipment.
ü Operate specialized repair and testing equipment, including but not limited to: winding machines, test panels, core-loss tester, cut-off saws, burnout ovens, bake ovens, grinders, cranes, tow motor, brazing units, dip tanks, VPI systems and various hand-held power and non-power tools
Experience with electrical testing, insulation/megger testing and using a multi-meter
- The ability to read blueprints, schematics and shop drawings
- Experience using calipers and reading micrometers – machining ability a significant plus
- Own or purchase your own tools
- Observe all safety procedures and policies and use proper protective equipment (eye, ear, steel toe shoes / boots, gloves, etc.)
- Critically evaluate your own work so that it may be defect free
- Be physically fit to be able to stand for long periods, bend, twist, kneel and lift 50 lbs. without injury
- Use at a basic level, computers, scanning devices, cameras, tablets and other electronics.
- Inspect, tear down, diagnose, and repair industrial equipment
- Assist in all aspects repair of equipment as directed by your supervisor.
- Fill out paperwork completely and legibly
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Willing and able to work overtime, weekdays and weekends, and be available to respond to customer emergencies.
Thursday, September 10, 2020