Senior Software Developer at Crelate
- Kirkland, WA
Are you passionate about software design and user experience? Are you always curious, learning, growing and helping others do the same? If so, we might have the perfect opportunity for you!
Crelate is seeking an in-house Senior Developer to lead our technical product development initiatives. You will work with the entire team to design and implement new features. This opportunity is a chance for your creativity, experience, and ability to have a real impact on a business. You will gain exposure to all aspects of product development, sales, marketing, and support.
Crelate, a Kirkland-based, fast-growing B2B product startup with over 900 customers, is focused on creating world-class talent engagement and recruiting software. We’re on a mission to help more people, connect with more opportunities, more often. To do this, we are building the fastest, easiest, and most beautiful recruiting software on the market, and we need your help!
Responsibilities of this senior developer position include:
- Take ownership of a product feature. Lead a small group of (2 to 3) developers to deliver features given a specification including requirements and user experience.
- Produce a technical design which meets or exceeds business requirements, optimizes resource utilization and provides maximum business value.
- Actively manage project team members being the escalation point for all technical issues, design change requests, time to value tradeoffs, and task prioritization.
- Overcome all issues related to project delivery including defects, technical design challenges, performance, and user experience.
- Communicate technical details clearly to both technical and non-technical business stakeholders. Produces demonstrations, articulate tradeoffs, identify quick-wins, champion the end customer needs.
Qualities we look for:
- Data-driven. You use data to guide decisions and optimize results.
- Passion for the product. You love being part of a product; you find ways to use our product every day, you will seek to engage customers and learn from them. With this, you will improve the designs and experiences you create.
- Strong customer empathy. You are passionate about customers as people. You’ll build a deep understanding of their needs by speaking with and supporting them. With this, you will create better experiences that truly resonates with our customers.
- Unwavering Curiosity. You love to learn, better yourself and the people and things around you. Not knowing and growing motivates you to new heights.
- Organized and an eye for detail. You have excellent organizational skills and pixel-perfect attention to detail.
- Communication. You have excellent presentation, analytical, written and verbal communication skills. You appreciate getting and are skilled at giving direct professional feedback.
- Frugal. You care about our company resources and spend them like they’re your own money. You know that perfect is the enemy of done. You know any fool can gold plate something that never ships, and you’re no fool.
- You get it done. In the face of uncertainty, and multiple competing priorities you have a tremendous bias for action. Through collaboration and creative solutions, you deliver success.
- A minimum of 3 years of B2B or B2C software development experience.
- Deep experience with C#, ASP.NET MVC & WebApi, TypeScript, MS SQL Server.
- Huge plus if you have experience with ElasticSearch, Redis, Azure Infrastructure, Octopus Deploy
- External Integration experience is also desirable including OAuth based workflows and transactional REST APIs.
- Strong understanding of SOLID design principles, clean code practices, and isolated unit testing.
What We Offer You
- Extremely flexible work hours
- Plenty of opportunities to learn
- Startup life, with a relaxed, yet high stakes work environment
- Awesome coworkers who care about their work and each other
- Competitive benefits including: Flexible spending and dependent care accounts. Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. 401k with matching. Long and short-term disability insurance. A generous paid leave policy, which includes up to 14 days of office holidays (including a company-wide winter break). And for team members who excel, stock option grants.
We’re entrepreneurial, passionate and relentless about our customer’s success. Everyone on the team talks and works directly with customers. Period. We share a collective passion for success, but not at any cost. We are striving to build an amazing product and a great business. This is no trivial task, and we lean on each other as we iterate towards our goal. We value transparency, passion, effort, results, and growth.
We very much look forward to hearing from you, seeing your portfolio and reading cover letters that explain how you are a perfect fit for this opportunity.
Tuesday, April 16, 2019