Director, Business Development and Sales
- Kirkland, WA
Crelate is looking for a Director of Business Development who will lead our business partnerships, and outbound sales strategies and make major contributions to our overall success. We are looking for an experienced business development leader to take our already fast growth to the next level, and to establish us a clear leadership position within the multi-billion HR technology industry.
This person will be a key member of our leadership team and will collaborate with our development, sales and marketing teams. Our ideal candidate has a business background and product/technology experience that enables them to identify key business partnership, distribution, integration and channel opportunities, and then drive the necessary business and product changes within our organization to see them to fruition. If you want to make a big impact in a fast growing, fun, B2B startup, and have strong business development and sales skills, Crelate is the place to be!
Crelate is a fast-growing Kirkland-based startup with over 850 customers; our mission is to help more people, connect with more opportunities, more often. We’re doing this by making enterprise-quality recruiting and talent engagement software and making it available to businesses of all sizes.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Reporting to the CEO and performing duties as a key member of the Executive Team.
- Working collaboratively with our product, marketing, customer success, and development teams to execute business development and sales strategies.
- Recruit, train, motivate and mentor the absolute best sales talent.
- Develop business partnership (referrals, integration, channel, etc.) programs to step change our revenue growth.
- Building an outbound sales motion to generate new demand.
Requirements of this position:
- Data-driven. You use data to guide decisions and optimize results.
- Passion for product. You love being part of a product team; you find ways to use our product every day. With this, you will improve the messaging and stories you create and tell.
- Strong customer empathy. You are passionate about customers as people. You’ll build a deep understanding of their needs by speaking with and supporting them. With this, you will be a better seller and build smart relationships with partners.
- Unwavering Curiosity. You love to learn, better yourself and the people and things around you. Not knowing and growing motivates you to new heights.
- Organized and an eye for detail. You have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. This helps you keep things moving forward and stay responsive to customers.
- Communication. You have excellent presentation, analytical, written and verbal communication skills.
- Frugal. You care about our company’s resources like they were your own. You know that perfect is the enemy of done. You know our resources are best invested in our team and customers.
- You get it done. In the face of uncertainty, and multiple competing priorities you have a bias for action. Through collaboration and creative solutions, you deliver success.
- 6+ years of experience in B2B software (or related) sales and business development skills
- 3+ years of leadership or managerial experience
- Demonstrable sales and revenue generation abilities
- Experience selling B2B SaaS products
- Proven track record of achieving sales quotas
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities to achieve maximum results
We can offer you:
- Extremely flexible work hours and options to work from home
- An opportunity to make a major impact on our business and grow your career
- Startup life - relaxed, yet high stakes work environment
- Awesome coworkers who care about their work and each other
- Competitive benefits including flexible spending and dependent care accounts, medical, dental and vision coverage, long and short-term disability insurance, and a generous paid leave policy, which includes 14 days of office holidays including a company-wide winter break. Additionally, team members who excel are eligible for stock option grants.
We’re entrepreneurial, passionate and relentless about customer empathy. Everyone on the team talks and works directly with customers. Period. We share a collective passion for success, but not at any cost. We are striving to build an amazing product and a great business. This is no trivial task, and we lean on each other as we iterate our way to success. We value transparency, passion, effort, results, and growth.
We very much look forward to hearing from you and reading cover letters that explain how you are a perfect fit for this opportunity.
Tuesday, September 18, 2018