Startup - User Experience / UI Designer (Web + Mobile)
- Kirkland, WA
Are you passionate about product design and user experience? Are you creative, organized and excited for an opportunity to join a B2B product startup? Do you have previous agency, consulting or B2B product design experience? Are you looking to break out of your current lane and broaden the impact your UX abilities can have on a business? Are you always curious, learning, growing and helping others do the same? If so, we might have the perfect opportunity for you!
Design matters. Period.
Crelate is seeking an in-house User Experience / UI Designer to lead our product and marketing design initiatives. You will work with the entire team to discover, and create new user experiences, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs. This opportunity is a chance for your creativity and ability to have a real impact on a business. You will gain exposure to all aspects of product development and marketing.
Crelate, a Kirkland-based, fast-growing B2B product startup with over 900 customers, is focused on creating world-class talent engagement and recruiting software. We’re on a mission to help more people, connect with more opportunities, more often. To do this, we are building the fastest, easiest, and most beautiful recruiting software on the market, and we need your help!
Responsibilities of this web and experience design position include:
- Partner with Development, Customer Success and Program Management to define exceptional user experiences that empower our customers and users.
- Partner with Development and Test to ensure the experience are built as designed
- Consultative and iteratively develop wireframe mockups as well as high-fidelity polished designs for both web and mobile experiences.
- Think beyond visual design and align business objectives with deep customer insights to create truly inspired, functional and obtainable experiences.
- Work with our Product and Marketing teams to establish and enforce visual style and brand guidelines.
- Partner with our Marketing Team to design top of the funnel brand and customer experiences that range from emails, digital ads and landing pages to through signup and onboarding flows.
- Develop and perform usability studies and monitor user engagement to continuously improve the products user experience.
Qualities we look for:
- Data-driven. You use data to guide decisions and optimize results.
- Passion for product. You love being part of a product; you find ways to use our product every day, you will seek to engage customers and learn from them. With this, you will improve the designs and experiences you create.
- Strong customer empathy. You are passionate about customers as people. You’ll build a deep understanding of their needs by speaking with and supporting them. With this, you will create better experiences that truly resonates with our customers.
- Unwavering Curiosity. You love to learn, better yourself and the people and things around you. Not knowing and growing motivates you to new heights.
- Organized and an eye for detail. You have excellent organizational skills and pixel-perfect attention to detail.
- Communication. You have excellent presentation, analytical, written and verbal communication skills. You appreciate getting and are skilled at giving direct professional feedback.
- Frugal. You care about our company resources and spend them like they’re your own money. You know that perfect is the enemy of done. You know any fool can gold plate something that never ships, and you’re no fool.
- You get it done. In the face of uncertainty, and multiple competing priorities you have a tremendous bias for action. Through collaboration and creative solutions, you deliver success.
- A minimum of 3 years of B2B or B2C digital experience or product design experience.
- Skilled and efficient at creating multiple UX options for a given business problem.
- Solid and always improving visual design abilities.
- Solid Adobe Creative Suite skills (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Etc.)
- An impressive portfolio, that demonstrates your customer empathy, understanding, as well as your web and mobile design experience.
- Web design using HTML / CSS abilities are a major plus.
What We Offer You
- Extremely flexible work hours
- Plenty of opportunities to learn
- Startup life, with a relaxed, yet highly stakes work environment
- Awesome coworkers who care about their work and each other
- Competitive benefits including:
- Flexible spending and dependent care accounts
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- 401k with matching
- Long and short-term disability insurance
- A generous paid leave policy, which includes up to 14 days of office holidays (including a company-wide winter break)
- And for team members who excel, stock option grants.
We’re entrepreneurial, passionate and relentless about our customer’s success. Everyone on the team talks and works directly with customers. Period. We share a collective passion for success, but not at any cost. We are striving to build an amazing product and a great business. This is no trivial task, and we lean on each other as we iterate towards our goal. We value transparency, passion, effort, results, and growth.
We very much look forward to hearing from you, seeing your portfolio and reading cover letters that explain how you are a perfect fit for this opportunity.
Thursday, May 30, 2019
$60,000 to $75,000