- Kirkland, WA, United States
Product Manager Job Summary
A high-caliber development team can only reach its full potential by executing on properly defined features. Our Kirkland, WA based startup is looking for a driven self-starter, who is a proven leader, thinks critically and is a strong problem-solver, and above all has a track-record of ensuring project milestones and deadlines are met.
As a product manager, you will be responsible for the scope, execution and delivery of key product features. You will work closely with our product owner, development teams, and most importantly our customers to understand product needs and drive them to release.
Product Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Create user strories and define the functional requirements of a feature.
- Conduct discovery calls and feedback webinars with users.
- Work closely with UX team to ensure that functional and technical requirements are met by the overarching user experience.
- Adapt quickly to changing environmental needs, and keep the team on point with achieving stakeholder goals.
- Create project outlines and timelines and distribute responsibilities to team members
- Author release documentation, and facilitate release webinars.
- Train the internal Customer Success Teams on new features
- Identify obstacles, and develop solutions with team to remove them.
- Ability to rapidly prioritize competing requirements.
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders, application users, and program owners
- Take responsibility for successful product delivery
Ideal Candidate Traits
- Data-driven. You use data to guide decisions and optimize results.
- Passion for product. You love being part of a product; you find ways to use our product every day and think of ways to make the product better. With this, you will improve your craft and better enable the success of our customers.
- Strong customer empathy. You are passionate about customers as people and businesses. You’ll build a deep understanding of their needs by speaking with and supporting them. With this, you will help to create better a better product for our customers
- Unwavering Curiosity. You love to learn, better yourself, the people and things around you. Not knowing and growing motivates you to new heights.
- Organized and an eye for detail. You have excellent organizational skills and pixel-perfect attention to detail. You follow-up and drive things to done.
- Communication. You have excellent presentation, analytical, written and verbal communication skills.
- Frugal. You care about our company resources as if they were your own. You know that perfect is the enemy of done. Because of this, you know we can invest more in our customers, product, and people.
- You get it done. In the face of uncertainty, and multiple competing priorities you have a tremendous bias for action. Through collaboration and creative solutions, you deliver success.
Product Manager Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree is a plus
- Previously worked in Scrum and Agile deliery environments
- Comfortable speaking with customers and conducting live webinars
- 2-7 years experience in product delivery
- DevOps / QA experience is a plus
We can offer you
- Flexible work schedule, results are our focus
- Plenty of opportunities to learn
- Startup life - relaxed, yet high-stakes work environment
- Awesome coworkers who care about their work and each other
- Competitive benefits including flexible spending, a 401k, and dependent care accounts, medical, dental and vision coverage, long and short-term disability insurance, and a generous paid leave policy, which includes 14 days of office holidays including a company-wide winter break. Additionally, team members who excel are eligible for stock option grants.
We’re entrepreneurial, passionate and relentless about customer empathy. Everyone in the company talks and works directly with customers. Period. We share a collective passion for success, but not at any cost. We are striving to build an amazing product and a great business. This is no trivial task, and we lean on each other as we iterate our way to success. We value transparency, passion, effort, continuous improvement, results, and growth.
We very much look forward to hearing from you and reading cover letters that explain how you are a perfect fit for this opportunity.
Please note: This position is located in our Kirkland, WA office.
Monday, April 29, 2019