Senior Accounting Manager
Beth Gilpin Consulting (Kria Botanicals)
- Colchester, VT
Ready to apply? Please scroll to the bottom to answer a few questions and submit your resume and cover letter. Thanks!
Help grow an entrepreneurial Vermont company at the leading edge of the booming CBD/THC market!
Reporting to the CEO and a fractional CFO, you’ll enjoy collaborating with employees at all levels and engaging in the structure-building common to early-stage businesses. Five years in, Kria is experiencing significant growth serving numerous national CBD brands and entering Vermont’s new adult-use cannabis market. You’ll be working for a companycommitted to its values: a focus on Vermont, a belief in social equity, and a commitment to sustainability and organic practices.
Seeking more information before applying? Feel free to contact me @bethgilpin.com.
Kria Botanicals is a full-service contract manufacturer for THC and CBD brands. We produce seed-to-shelf cannabinoid products including tinctures, capsules, gummies, and topicals. The first certified organic hemp processor in Vermont, Kria has operated for five years as an extraction lab, formulation kitchen, packaging and bottling facility, and contract manufacturer. We’re currently undergoing significant growth as we serve numerous national CBD brands and enter Vermont’s new recreational cannabis market. Learn more at Kriabotanicals.com.
Pay and Benefits
- Hiring range: Starting at $75,000
- Health insurance benefits and contributions to a Health Savings Account
- PTO, sick days, and 9 paid holidays
- Scheduling flexibility, hybrid work arrangements, and mentoring and paid professional development
We’re an entrepreneurial business with strong emphasis on:
- Aggressive growth. Developing a set of products and increasing organizational and manufacturing capacities, Kria is rapidly expanding within and ultimately beyond Vermont, profitably.
- Change. Constantly evolving market conditions, capacities and staffing needs, Kria will adapt within the context of its annual business plan, understanding and anticipating business needs, adapting systems, processes and people as we grow.
- Continuous improvement. Identifying opportunities, assigning ownership, establishing timelines, and metrics to evaluate and improve performance, continuously.
People are central to Kria’s mission, vision and culture, accomplishing our goals through:
- Passion and enthusiasm
- Creativity and innovation
- Accountability and ownership with successes and failures
- Teamwork: constructive and ambitious, within and between teams
This is a 'roll-up-your-sleeves' role that requires a focus on basic accounting systems, best practices for record keeping, information tracking, and proactive and transparent communication. It also includes the opportunity to work on a variety of interesting ad hoc, cross-departmental projects. The Senior Accounting Manager:
- Handles the company’s day-to-day financial operations, including general and cost accounting, budgeting, cash management, and oversight of accounts payable and receivables.
- Provides accurate and timely financial statements and other reports for review by senior leadership team.
- Ensures policies and procedures provide appropriate internal controls.
- Assists with review and negotiation of contracts and management of banking relationships.
- Serves as the point person for administrative HR functions and oversight of the company’s IT management practices and outsourced support.
- Manages all accounting functions including general ledger, payroll and benefits administration, accounts payable and accounts receivable, and project and cost accounting.
- Oversees and ensures accuracy of manufacturing cost accounting and inventory tracking systems.
- Sets up schedules for various monthly journal entries and accruals, such as fixed assets and depreciation, insurance expense, etc.
- Ensures accuracy and timeliness of invoicing, manages communication with customers on pricing discrepancies and any collections issues.
- Works collaboratively with department heads to identify KPI and creates and delivers regular reporting to monitor progress to departments goals and objectives.
- Performs the month-end and year-end closing process, prepares and disseminates accurate, clear and timely financial management reports, including, but not limited to, monthly and annual job, departmental and company-wide financial statements, and annual budgets.
- Establishes and maintains controls which verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data.
- Oversees functionality and security of company’s computerized accounting and associated software systems.
- Assists in review and negotiation of both customer and vendor contracts.
- Supervises and trains junior accounting and/or administrative staff.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
Human Resources Administration
- Supports compliance with all current regulations, laws, policies and procedures related to human resources.
- Oversees administration of the employee fringe benefit plan by a third-party provider. Acts as company liaison with regard to insurance negotiation matters and employee education and enrollment.
- Prepares HR-related reports required by regulatory agencies and contractual obligations.
- Oversee internal IT management program.
- Ensures employees have needed equipment, policies for password management and document security.
- Supervises outsourced tech support services, ensuring they meet employee support needs.
- Develops IT policies and practices to reflect best practices.
Please note: We are interested in hearing from individuals who may not possess formal educational credentials. but can offer comparable knowledge and skills.
AS or BS degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration and at least 5 years relevant experience, preferably in a rapidly growing manufacturing company.
At least 5 years of comparable experience, plus demonstrated knowledge of core accounting principles, including those related to product and project cost accounting.
Excellent organizational skills, high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
Ability to juggle competing priorities and adapt to the constant change common in growing, entrepreneurial companies.
Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
Critical thinking and analytical skills, ability to problem solve and make appropriate business recommendations.
Proficiency with MS Excel, Google Sheets, and accounting packages. Experience with QuickBooks online and integrated inventory tracking software preferred.
Experience negotiating contracts and managing banking relationships preferred.
We envision the Senior Accounting Manager initially working on-site 100% of the time to learn the business, our processes, and build relationships with other team members. We’d be happy to explore a partially remote schedule once the person and role are well-established.
Kria Botanicals is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity of lived experience and perspective to enrich our work.