A multi-disciplinary architectural, engineering and construction firm is currently seeking a talented Sr. Mechanical Engineer for their Honolulu, HI office.
The Sr. Mechanical Engineer is responsible for project execution/management and design, securing mechanical projects through proposal preparation and attending business development meetings. Mechanical projects may include the planning and design of HVAC, piping/plumbing, solar thermal, forensic mechanical engineering, mechanical energy optimization, microturbine and other forms of alternative energy. The position will be an Associate Principal level, responsible for managing multiple persons and projects simultaneously in the field Project/Construction Management.
Desired Skills and Experience
Qualified candidates should have a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or a similar field from an accredited university and a Mechanical Professional Engineer (PE) License. Qualified candidates should have approximately 10 years of technical experience managing complex mechanical projects with an emphasis on mechanical optimization/retrofits, energy savings and energy efficiency; forensic mechanical engineering experience is also preferred.
Candidates should have an understanding of electrical engineering as it relates to mechanical and solar systems. Experience and an interest in business development is highly preferred.
1) Be licensed in Hawaii
2) Have the ability to manage budgets, project manage, and perform high level design and oversight
3) Ability to mentor future junior engineers
4) Solar and other energy-efficient design and analysis experience ( a plus)
5) Ability to assist with the development of proposals, as well as, ability to properly price the consulting services
6) Experience level: 10 years plus
7) Due diligence experience - ability to assist existing systems and recommend repairs
8) Good handle of current construction and repair costs associated with mechanical work
9) Experience with working with both Private section and Public Sector Clients
10) DSA experience (a plus)
11) Litigation and forensic experience - experience studying failures and recommending solutions (a plus)
12) Hands on experience replacing boilers, chillers, building components, creating energy efficiency.