- Honolulu, HI
A multi-disciplinary architectural, engineering and construction firm is currently seeking a talented Proposals Manager for its Honolulu, HI office.
Reporting to and working closely with the firm Principals, this position will include the development of new client business opportunities for the firm and the creation and presentation of proposals.
Business Development responsibilities may include:
- Identify potential clients and projects requiring the services of the firm
- Work with the Director of Business Development to develop firm workload forecasts of booked and proposed workloads.
- Make direct contacts with leads, prospects, clients (who are prospects) and coordinate others with regard to submission of presentations, interviews etc.
- Track, develop and maintain client and project leads utilizing Deltek Vision CRM and/or SalesForce CRM.
- Assist in the preparation of formal presentations including gathering of information, selection of collateral materials, graphics, and slides
- Attend Industry events and seminars
- Assist in the preparation of contract proposals for client review and acceptance
- Communicate and follow-up with all past clients through correspondence, calls and meetings
- Develop and coordinate proposals and estimates
- Coordinate multiple proposals through day-to-day interaction with clients and technical team leaders
- Review assigned proposal requests, assess proposal requirements and identify appropriate team leaders that will provide input on proposal scope and fees
- Develop technical proposals based on existing proposal templates, and corresponding estimates for level of effort and fees
- Review proposals and estimates with technical team leaders, and update according to their input
- Collaborate with internal Marketing, Legal, and Finance teams as necessary to produce complete proposal packages
- Collaborate with fellow proposal writers, review proposal language for clarity, accuracy, grammar and spelling
- Contact clients/prospects to obtain any additional information needed to develop the proposal, and confirm proposal receipt
- Collect, enter and maintain client and project data
- Develop and maintain template language based on client needs
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, Architecture, or related discipline.
- 5 years of business development, sales, or marketing experience
- A demonstrated track record of creating new business opportunities
- Exceptional personal communication, relationship building and problem solving skills
- Proficiency with a CRM contact software (Deltek Vision or Sales Force preferred) and Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written communication skills with demonstrated experience in the preparation of proposals or presentations
- Must be free to travel as defined by business development opportunities
Thursday, February 2, 2023