- Davis, CA
Job Captains play an active role on different phases of project development. The job captain will draft construction documents and provide training and direction to junior draftspersons, taking responsibility for documentation completeness, code compliance and quality assurance. They will coordinate with consultants and external client side peers. They'll conduct site surveys, support PMs with fee proposals and work plans, and attend some planning and construction meetings.
Job Captains must have a degree in Architecture plus at least 4 years’ experience, and are ideally working towards obtaining their license though not required. Should have a strong understanding of construction documentation and how different systems interact and how changes impact other parts of the project. Should demonstrate excellent communication and organization skills and be learning to effectively delegate and train junior staff. They only want to work with people who strive to learn and who support the growth of others. Revit experience is a must, proficiency with Microsoft Office products preferred.
- Report to Project Manager and help oversee certain phases of project development.
- Coordinate the internal architectural project team and manage the work of others.
- Draft construction documents and provide red line corrections and updates to junior project members.
- Be responsible for design/completeness of construction documents including code compliance, and quality assurance
- Interact with external client side peers and attend planning and construction meetings as needed.
- Participate in site surveys and help train junior team members to handle.
- Support Project Managers on fee proposals, project schedules, work plans, and conceptual cost estimates.
- Understand project budget and assist in ensuring overall project success.
Qualifications and Required Attributes:
- Degree in Architecture required
- Preference to be working towards Architecture license
- 4+ years’ experience
- Proficiency with Revit
- Proficiency with Outlook, Microsoft Office and Bluebeam
- Experience working on K-12 Education projects or Healthcare projects
- Familiar with the DSA or OSHPD and other regulatory agencies’ process, including agency submittals
- Have detailed understanding of construction documents including different systems, how those interact and how changes impact other parts of the project.
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative team attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Some experience managing others
- Desire to grow professionally, learn new things and advance in architecture field
Thursday, February 2, 2023