- Coppell, TX
A mid-sized multi-disciplinary A/E firm currently seeking a Project Accountant for their Dallas Office. The Project Accountant is the client-relations person who is accountable for all accounting-related tasks. They are a team player who has desire to solve and respond to problems and challenges while driving to contribute to our firm’s success. This individual is responsible for the project accounting and collections process for their assigned project from start to finish while working closely with other departments and divisions across the company.
This position can be out of Dallas, TX, Austin, TX, San Fransisco Bay Area or Mesa, AZ.
- Building client relationships both internally and externally – initiating the accounting relationship with clients and upholding top of the line customer service.
- Reviewing and or preparing contract and issuing insurance certificates.
- Project set up in Deltek for items like lump-sum, T&M, rates, contract amounts, budgets by phase, etc.
- Processing invoices for Project Managers and Principals review, accurate and timely production of invoices, finalizing the billing cycle.
- Written and verbal communication with ABB’s internal Project Managers and Principals to resolve non-compliance issues, review additional service requests, issuance of timely ASA’s, proper revenue recognition and maintain accurate work in progress status.
- Verbal and written communication with clients, answering requests for reconciliations, preparing and sending statements and ensuring timely collections of all AR balances exceeding 30 days and maintaining aging reports.
- Present monthly project financials to branch office managers, accurate reporting of AR and projects that are over or under budgets.
- 4-year degree in Accounting, Business, or in a similar field.
- 2 years of accounting experience
- Systematic with the ability to see a project through from start to finish and excellent follow through.
- Good at analyzing data and has outstanding quality control and organization skills.
- Works well on a team and has strong oral/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter with ability to accept responsibility for projects and see them through to completion.
- Ability to interact with all levels and departments including corporate headquarters and branch offices across multiple states.
- Ability to work as individual contributor and contribute as part of a larger project team.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- A strong, detail oriented, and flexible team player.
- Familiarity with Deltek (major plus!)
Thursday, February 2, 2023