A multi-disciplinary architectural, engineering and construction firm is currently seeking a talented Business Development Manager for their Portland, OR office.
Reporting to and working closely with the firm Principals, this position will include the development of new client business opportunities for the firm.
Business Development responsibilities may include:
· Identify potential clients and projects requiring the services of the firm.
· Work with the Director of Business Development to develop firm workload forecasts of booked and proposed workloads.
· Make direct contacts with leads, prospects, clients (who are prospects) and coordinate others with regard to submittal of presentations, interviews etc.
· Track, develop and maintain client and project leads utilizing Deltek Vision CRM and/or SalesForce CRM.
· Assist in the preparation of formal presentations including gathering of information, selection of collateral materials, graphics, and slides.
· Develop and maintain project profile information and integrate into CRM and company web site.
· Assist in the preparation of contract proposals for client review and acceptance.
· Communicate and follow-up with all past clients through correspondence, calls and meetings.
Desired Skills & Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, Architecture, or related discipline.
· 10 years of business development, sales, or marketing experience
· Minimum of 5 years of experience working within Architectural, Engineering, Construction, or related industry
· A demonstrated track record of creating new business opportunities
· Exceptional personal communication, relationship building and problem solving skills
· Proficiency with a CRM contact software (Deltek Vision or Sales Force preferred) and Microsoft Office Suite
· Excellent written communication skills with demonstrated experience in the preparation of proposals or presentations.
· Must be free to travel as defined by business development opportunities