A multi-disciplinary architectural, engineering and construction firm is looking for a talented Construction Manager in Honolulu, HI.
Manage reconstruction projects for existing buildings such as apartments and condominiums and new projects like Solar PV and MEP. They are looking for candidates with expertise in complex reconstruction and renovation projects. The preferred candidate will manage projects from start to finish and will require expertise in reconstruction and managing the contractor on projects.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Candidates should be experienced interacting with Developers and Owners and have excellent interpersonal skills. It is crucial for candidates to have either a civil engineer (BSCE) or structural engineering (BSSE) degree as well as a professional career utilizing one of the listed degrees. A minimum of 3 to 5 years in construction project management is ideal. This includes having experience working for a General Contractor who understands contracts, submittals, RFI's, Change Orders, and facilitation of meetings. Prior experience with large general contractors in the capacity of estimator, project engineer, and project superintendent or project manager is required.
Need to understand roofing/waterproofing.
Desired Skills and Experience
1) BSCE or BSSE 4 Year Degree
2) Experience Level: 3-5 Years in Construction Project Management
3) Understands: Contracts, Submittals, RFI's, Change Orders, and Facilitation of Meetings.
4) Due diligence experience -- ability to assist existing systems and recommend repairs
5) Good handle of current construction and repair costs associated with mechanical work