- Hayward, CA
A growing East Bay general contractor, is seeking an ideal person to fill the position of Waterproofer with 5 + years of solid carpentry skills. This position will primarily be in the Bay Area.
- Install WRB
- Intall Flashing and Metals
- Install windows and doors and waterproof accordingly
- Experience with SAMS
- Knowledge in identifying water intrusion and remediation
- Experience with Westcoat installation and removal
- Identify growth/dry rot and report to manager
- Wood framing, cutting, shaping lumber and other material according to measurements, installing trim, baseboard, casing, doors, frames, door hardware and sheathing
- Conduct repair work and installation of windows, drywall, insulation and other fixtures as required
- Metal stud framing, hollow metals doors and frame installation
- Interpret plans and specifications
- Layout foundation, building lines, & anchor bolts.
- Shoot elevations and grades.
- Erect forms, monitor pour regarding depressed areas, building lines, anchor bolts, etc.
- Set up and take down of poly containment and drop sheets to protect area of work
- Construct and secure temporary partitions
- Receive materials and off load safely
- Responsible to secure and maintain basic tools to perform tasks.
- Use of hand and power tools, to include (but not limited to) temporary generators, table saws, routers and sanding equipment
- Use of ladders and/or scaffold to perform work
- Perform daily tasks in a safe manner in accordance with company policies.
- Housekeeping to ensure a safe and non-cluttered worksite
- Assist and guide others to improve their skills and complete tasks on time
- Team player
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods, climb, pull, and lift heavy objects
Thursday, February 2, 2023