- Davis, CA
Interior Designers are part of a unique team that support both interior design clients and also help the architectural staff with interior design components of their projects. Interior Designers possess the experience needed to successfully manage projects independently, but may also work as a team on larger projects. Interior Designers will manage and develop scoping, design sets, design documents and construction documents. The designer will also develop color & finish palettes, space planning, detailing/specifications and client presentations.
The current interior design team is looking for candidates with at least 5 years of experience in interior design, ideally with exposure to Healthcare client sectors and related agencies. Proficiency with Revit is a must, along with other programs such as Office, Outlook and Bluebeam. Candidates will need to possess the skills needed to simultaneously manage multiple projects at various stages. Strong communication is key, as is being self-motivated and team oriented.
- Assist with the development of interior design/interior architecture design concepts, color & finish palettes, space planning, detailing/specifications, client presentations and production development.
- Manage and develop scoping, DS, DD and CD interior design documents with support from junior staff to handle updates/comments/red-marks.
- Manage interior components of construction administration including RFI responses, submittals, change orders, coordination with contractors and clients and leading site visits
- Play a key external role leading meetings & relationships with clients, agencies and consultants
- Assist with the development of fee proposals, project schedules, budgets and workplans
- Manage & mentor junior design staff
Qualifications and Required Attributes:
- BS Degree required; ideally in Design
- NCIDQ, CID or IDAC Certification (or progress towards) preferred
- 6+ years’ experience at a design firm (with at least 3+ years’ experience in similar Project Manager type role)
- High proficiency with CAD/Revit design/production software (Revit preferred)
- Proficiency with Outlook, Microsoft Office and Bluebeam
Thursday, February 2, 2023