- Newport Beach, CA
- Manage multiple cost related client matters which typically involve claims and disputes.
- Analyze claimant’s “third party” expert reports specifying alleged construction and/or design deficiencies and their proposed recommendations.
- Compose expert reports detailing cost estimating strategies, response to third party report allegations, and breakdown of cost allocation.
- Review electronic onscreen takeoff quantities for accuracy and precision.
- Utilize multiple pricing databases to determine unit costs for repair work.
- Attend site inspections of projects to document observable conditions.
- Testify as an expert witness in dispute resolution proceedings, as necessary.
- Communicate assignment requirements directly with client and team.
- Lead project team effectively and manage team schedule to ensure deadlines and budget expectations are met.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management preferred, though will consider years of work experience in lieu of degree.
- Professional credentials and certifications related to cost estimation, GC preferable.
- 5+ years of work experience in construction estimation, preferably as an estimator, engineer, scheduler, or project manager.
- Some travel and/or field work (valid driver’s license required).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Confidence to work effectively with all levels of management and clients.
- Able to meet deadlines, both internally and externally driven.
- Working knowledge and ability to read and interpret construction drawings, understand construction means and methods and perform cost estimating for varying types residential, commercial, and industrial structures.
- Aptitude with office applications, project accounting and spreadsheet data.
- Ability to walk job sites during inspections, sometimes on uneven terrain while carrying construction tools or equipment (up to 30 pounds).
Thursday, February 2, 2023