A specialized architectural firm is seeking a Senior Designer. They specialize in the planning and design of next generation, high density multi-family housing, mixed-use and signature hospitality developments – taking pride in helping shape quality environments for everyone. The firm’s collaborative approach and industry leading technological expertise have resulted in award-winning, sustainable projects that respect the communities and the environment, with studios in Irvine, Los Angeles and Oakland, California.
The Senior Designers are passionate about design and takes leadership. This individual will be the go-to person to use their high level technical/computer design skills to turn ideas into reality. The ideal candidate must be able to quickly and readily generate concepts for multi-family, hospitality, and mixed-use design in a fast-paced studio environment using advanced skills in SketchUp, Revit and Adobe Suite.
The successful candidate must have the ability to express oneself clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing, and communicate ideas in presentations to firm leaders, team members, and clients. They must also possess strong architectural design and planning skills. An exceptional portfolio representing recent work is required to be presented during the interview.
- Strong design and form-giving skills required
- 6 - 10 years of experience in architecture, with minimum of 5 years in multi-family and mixed use design
- Proficient in Sketch-Up, Revit and Adobe Suite
- Ability to create architectural designs and concepts through hand sketching and digital media
- Experience with several housing types, building typologies and vocabularies
- Possesses strong architectural design and planning skills
- Knowledge of major code issues and construction types
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelors in Architecture required.
- California licensed architect preferred.
The Senior Designer will be located in the Oakland office, however currently the Team is working from home due to COVID-19. Starting February 1, 2022 they will be offering a hybrid schedule of up to 2 days working from home and 3 days in the office.