Blue Recruits Limited
- Dar es salaam, Tanzania
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a thorough Insurance Underwriter to determine potential clients’ risk factors and to establish the terms of coverage. The successful candidate must be able to set up rules which will result in securing an average proportion of good risks to keep average claims cost low and to enable the company to offer insurance at a lower net cost.
EXPERIENCE: 2 years experience as Insurance Underwriter
EDUCATION: Risk Management or similar Qualification
LOCATION: Dar Es Salaam
BUDGET: 800,000 Net
Please read the detailed Job Description below:
- Collect appropriate and accurate information required to assess potential clients and decide on the acceptable risk for a policy.
- Review policy applications based on previous loss records, age, medical report, credit ratings, and driving records.
- Prepare reports that detail risk assessment findings that contribute to the final decision.
- Evaluate policies concerning the company’s underwriting standards.
- Decide to accept, modify or reject an insurance application after scrutiny of all the required documents and studies regarding the risk involved
- Compare various policies having similar risk undertakings and conduct actuarial studies to decide on the company’s loss records.
- Write quotes, determine premiums and coverage, and negotiate terms with brokers and clients.
- A balance between mass and homogeneity of risks to achieve predictability of future results
- Develop and maintain a profitable book of business for the insurer
- Assess clients’ background information and financial status
- Carefully select the wording of policies, and prepare the terms and conditions.
- Handle queries from credit control departments, brokers, and clients.
- Review insurance applications for compliance and adherence
- Liaise with specialists to gather information and opinions
- Negotiate and define the specific terms of insurance policies with brokers or policyholders
- Proven 2 years of experience as an Insurance Underwriter
- Analytical thinker with research proficiencies.
- Ability to use reasonable and sound judgment.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Deep knowledge of underwriting regulations.
- Ability to build positive relationships and partnerships with clients, brokers, and key role-players
- Excellent knowledge of insurance policies and ability to relate policy provisions to loss exposure.
Thursday, December 1, 2022
800,000 Net Pay