Heavy Haul Low Boy Driver
Brannan Sand and Gravel
- Denver, CO
Division: Brannan Sand + Gravel
Position: Heavy Haul Low Boy Driver
Reports To: Equipment Supervisor
FLSA Status: Full Time
Location: Lipan Plant - 5880 Lipan St - Denver, CO 80216
Brannan Companies commands a unique position in the marketplace by providing a wide range of aggregates, asphalt paving and maintenance services, ready mix concrete, and specialized underground utility construction services in the Denver Metro area. Our vision is to build a great, truly dynamic company that makes a fair profit, has a heart for its employees and is dedicated to total customer satisfaction.
To help us achieve that mission, we are looking for an experienced “Low Boy Equipment Hauler”.
Qualified candidate will haul heavy equipment to various job sites around the Denver Metro area. Equipment can vary depending on the job requirements and will range from Pavers, Rollers, and Loaders, to Excavators of varying sizes. It's important to Brannan Companies that our Drivers make timely deliveries to job sites always maintaining the highest of safety standards. Ideal candidate will have knowledge of operating various types of equipment and the ability to troubleshoot equipment failures.
- Safe Driving Habits. Responsible for safely hauling asphalt and aggregate material from/to Brannan’s job sites and facilities.
-Utilizes defensive driving practices.
-Adheres to company policies for Personal Protective Equipment.
-Maintains an alert awareness of potential job site or plant hazards.
- Efficient Delivery Practices. Drivers maintain a sense of urgency throughout the day to safely and efficiently deliver product.The driver is always ready to load at scheduled time, prepared to back to the paver on the job site, and alerts fellow drivers of accidents en route to jobs.
- Truck Operations & Maintenance. Properly maintains equipment by conducting the proper pre-trip and post-trip inspections and mechanical write-ups.Properly operates the truck and other types of equipment according to the manufacturer’s recommended guidelines.
- Customer Service. Maintains a positive attitude in all interactions with customers.Anticipates and fulfills all customer needs possible, alerting management to potential customer concerns.
- Professional Appearance.Maintains trucks in a consistently clean condition.The cab is always clean and well-ordered, and the exterior appearance of the truck is maintained each day.
- Strong understanding and daily compliance with Brannan safety standards and FMCSA DOT REGULATIONS
- Conduct a Daily pre-trip/post-trip inspections and report any issues to shop/management
- Responsible for Cargo Securement to include: Strapping/Chaining and securing equipment
- Observe, Inspect, and Report equipment or mechanical failures immediately
- Ensures truck, trailer and cargo are ready for next day’s business, preloading whenever possible
- Self-motivated and have a strong work ethic
- Ability to safely operate in a fast-paced environment and in the elements
- ·Experience hauling overweight and/or over sized loads
- ·CDL Class A w/ Tanker Endorsement required
- ·Clean driving record required
- ·DOT physical and drug test required
- ·Knowledge of Denver Metro area, ability to read Map Books and use and understand GPS units
- ·Must be able to work in a swing shift/nights capacity
Group Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
Paid Life Insurance (includes spouse + children)
Paid Short-Term Disability
401k Savings Plans (with company matching)
Voluntary Group Term Life
Legal Shield/ID Shield
Public Service Credit Union
AFLAC Supplemental Insurance
Paid Vacation + Holidays
Sign on Bonuses (for qualified candidates)
- Standing - 6 to 8 hours daily
- Walking - 6 to 8 hours daily
- Bending/Stooping - 6 to 8 hours daily
- Lift and Carry (50/60 lbs. for 20 feet) - Regularly
- Push / Pull – 6 to 8 hours daily
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
Friday, December 21, 2018
$26.00-$28.00 + sign on bonus