Assistant Manager, Plant Health and Pest Control
- Waldorf, MD
Our client has been servicing the greater Washington DC, Maryland and Northern VA markets for the past 40 years and they are looking for a professional to join their organization. The company provides commercial landscape services to include general maintenance and plant health services.
DESCRIPTION: The Assistant Manager will control a wide variety of pest utilizing integrated pest management (IPM) strategies.
DUTIES: Control methods will include but will not be limited to the following:
- Include trapping, beneficial insects and non-chemical applications of organic products
- Routing of 2-3 spray tech daily for turf application, turf fertilization, tree/shrub applications and bed/crack crevasses round applications
- Ordering chemicals/fertilizers to include snapshot/roundup/seed/pen mulch
- Manages Turf Aeration/seeding scheduling
- Assists in overseeing crews when utilizing the chipper and bush hogg
- Responsible for all chemical reporting to states on annual usage of pesticides and fertilizers in Maryland, Virginia, Washington, D.C. and West Virginia
- Pesticide licenses for Maryland, DC, Delaware, Virginia and West Virginia and Ornamental and turf
- Right of Way license in Maryland, Virginia, Delaware and DC
- Hold PFA (Fertilizer License) in Maryland
- Conducts the annual training for all pesticide operators in the Maryland area for the company along with conducting a class during the winter for re-training to meet the state requirements.
- Snow plowing in the winter
- Conduct morning DOT inspections
- All other duties as assigned
If you do not have all of the licenses required, we are still willing to speak with you.
This position provides a company phone, company vehicle, Excellent benefits, paid holidays and paid weekly.
Tuesday, May 18, 2021