Project Manager, Construction: Cold Storage/Distribution Centers Charlotte NC or Atlanta GA
- Charlotte, NC
Job Title: Project Manager, Cold Storage Construction
Location: Charlotte, NC or Atlanta, GA
Job Function: Project Management
As a Project Manager with our clients Company, you will have the authority to drive successful project results, moving your projects from preconstruction through final closeout in the safest manner possible while maintaining the highest quality standards. This role will focus within our refrigerated cold storage & temperature-controlled manufacturing/processing market division.
- Ensure all safety compliance and quality programs are being executed on the project site. Safety is one of our core values.
- Actively participate in bidding and pre-construction services.
- Represent our company as the client’s primary contact. Openly and confidently communicate with all other parties involved with the project, establishing trust and rapport with owners, architects, engineers, and subcontractors.
- Manage the performance of the professional support personnel on the project site. This typically includes a Project Engineer or Assistant Project Manager, Field Superintendents, and administrative staff.
- Maintain strict control over the budget and keep project on schedule, ensuring ongoing profitability.
- Execute subcontracts and purchase orders, and approve subcontractor invoices and change requests. Negotiate contract changes with the client. Complete close-out requirements for projects and collect final payment.
- Mentor and train Project Engineers and Assistant Project Managers to ensure their ongoing career growth and development.
- Implement new ideas. Be an active member and leader within the Company, actively participating in committees, make recommendations for new initiatives, and embrace new policies related to Safety, Quality, Continuous Improvement Programs, Lean Construction, and Zero Punch Lists.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of relevant construction operations experience managing refrigerated manufacturing and distribution center construction projects.
- A bachelor degree, preferably in construction management, engineering or a related field.
- The ability to travel throughout the Mid-Atlantic region as necessary.
- The desire to succeed. Our best Project Managers are strong leaders—self-starters who drive excellence and meet high standards.
- Effective communication skills to motivate your team, delegate tasks, and present proposals to clients with competence and confidence.
- The fortitude to juggle competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. Multi-tasking with a sense of urgency while maintaining strong attention to detail and accuracy is crucial.
Ability to construct a critical path project schedule using scheduling software. We use Primavera v6.
Building Your Future is How We Build Ours. We seek out those with the highest potential and provide an empowering environment with tools that allow you to take ownership in your career development.
Stability Means Staying Ahead of the Curve. Our client is committed to continuous improvement and reinvesting in evolving technologies. To ensure stability, we have a diversified project portfolio in a broad range of niche markets nationwide.
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation range: $90k to $120k plus bonus structure, per diem, travel lodging expenses
- Benefits: Truck allowance of $700/month, 401k match of 4%, Profit sharing discretionary and uniform. Percentage of base salary range of 1% - 6% with average of 3%, Healthcare: Blue Cross Blue Shield with 4 tiers
- Expenses: Credit card provided and have an in-house system to track all expenses. Credit card is tied to system.
- Hybrid Laptop provided but have several options for laptops
- iPhone provided
- 50% travel or based on demands
- Relocation assistance negotiable
- Location: Charlotte, NC
- Will manage 1 project at a time.
Monday, April 20, 2020
$120,000 - $140,000