Director of Maintenance, Residential Landscape
- Wilmington, NC
Our client is a growing landscape company that has been servicing the high end residential market in Wilmington NC. They provide a high quality service and due to their growth, they are recruiting a qualified candidate to be the Director for the Maintenance division.
The Landscape Maintenance Director is responsible for leading and overseeing the administrative and field operations for the Maintenance Department and related Enhancement, Irrigation, and Subcontractor services. The Director ensures that the company’s professional and production standards as well as contract requirements are maintained while delivering excellent customer service and developing employees. The Director meets or exceeds the budgeted sales and profit goals of the department.
- Oversees and manages administrative and field operations for the Maintenance Department. This work may include but is not limited to:
- Formulating and administering long-range plans for all job-sites, contracts and Department operations;
- Managing all maintenance, enhancement, irrigation and subcontractor contracts to ensure successful and profitable contract performance while achieving water conservation, healthy landscapes and enhancing satisfied, long-term client relations;
- Directing and supervising the day to day operations for all maintenance, enhancement, irrigation and subcontractor services;
- Managing the logistics of daily operations to ensure that crews understand job priorities, labor needs and schedule changes;
- Rotating daily to job sites to ensure high standards of safety and quality workmanship are established and maintained;
- Overseeing the timely and accurate procurement of material deliveries, subcontractor services & equipment requirements as needed;
- Overseeing the inventory, yard facility and equipment / vehicle management;
- Managing paperwork and project management software related to the Maintenance Department.
- Overseeing and promoting effective water management techniques including irrigation controller programming, irrigation system maintenance, repairs and upgrades;
- Staying at the forefront of emerging trends in sustainable landscape, water conservation and other relevant horticultural practices through continuing education and industry participation;
- Meeting or exceeding company production rates and standards of quality workmanship.
The Director will also be responsible for managing the department sales, estimates, and contract administration. This work may include but is not limited to:
- Achieving or exceeding budgeted sales and profit goals for the Department;
- Retaining maintenance contracts at a rate of 97% or higher;
- Preparing estimates and proposals for maintenance, enhancement, irrigation and subcontractor work;
- Ensuring that vendor pricing is competitive and accurate;
- Reviewing profitability of all contracts and adjusting as necessary;
- Recommending and implementing rate increases as necessary;
- Promoting the landscape installation, maintenance, enhancement, irrigation and subcontractor programs offered by the company;
- Participating in marketing new services to current clients and developing referrals for new work sources.
This is a tremendous opportunity for someone who wishes to leave their mark on a growing division as they will be responsible for the overall success and meeting corporate objectives and goals.
Job Type: Full-time
Monday, November 16, 2020