A well established Landscape Maintenance and Snow Removal company servicing the Western Michigan market is currently looking for an Operations Director.
The company is growth focused, has great employee retention and continues to take marketshare. They are looking for someone who wants to join an organization that will grow, where they can grow professionally and take on more responsibility.
Position Title: Operations Director
Reports to: COO
The Operations Director is responsible for the strategic oversight of multiple Operations Manager’s and the production associated with their respective lines of service. Service lines may include landscape maintenance, landscape construction, lawn care and snow and ice management.
The Operations Director works to improve processes, coach and develop departmental leaders and actively contributes to long term organizational planning.
The Operations Director functions as a key contributor to the leadership team and is relied upon to partner with peers and others to deliver key organizational outcomes.
• Lead the mid to long-term planning and execution of Production output and quality
• Determine and obtain appropriate resources for optimal production including labor and equipment
• Partner with Client Care Director to accurately estimate and propose new client relationships
• Ensure client expectations are met consistently; contribute to positive client relations as necessary
• Ensure Safety Program is adhered to and reinforced at every level by all Team Members
• Develop, maintain and educate appropriate Team Members on specific operational requirements required for client sites, including large commercial properties with unique and varying process expectations.
• Complete routine reports, documentation and correspondence as needed
• Develop annual budgets for assigned departments and work with COO / Finance Team to accurately track financial performance. Convey financial performance to direct reports.
• Analyze financial reports and apply insights towards improving operational efficiencies and other opportunities for improvement
• Effectively address groups of Team Members, facilitate training and development sessions as necessary, lead productive meetings and tactfully deliver organizational updates
• Actively participate in and contribute to company leadership team, including strategy development, process improvement, long-range planning
• Meet regularly with direct reports to coach, develop and guide performance. Elicit and document clear goals for each Team Member as appropriate.
• Create a productive team-focused environment that allows for continuous improvement and optimal performance
• Partner with Human Resources Team Members to attract, select and retain top performing Team Members at each level of the Operations Department
1. Well-developed business acumen
2. Strong verbal / written communication skills
3. Critical thinking and evaluation skills
4. Time and stress management skills
5. Able to work well independently
6. Proactive self-starter with initiative
7. Analytical and problem solving skills
8. Ability to collaborate and partner
9. High level of detail and accuracy
10. Superior organizational skills
11. Work well independently and on a team
12. Excellent interpersonal skills
13. Excellent relationship building skills
14. Ability to productively work on multiple projects
15. Ability to maintain confidentiality
16. Excellent coaching and development skills
17. Highly developed strategic thinking skills
18. Superior problem-solving skills
19. Proficient with MS Office Suite
20. Advanced landscape management knowledge
Base Salary ranging from $90k - $100k
Bonus of 7 - 14% (Profit Share)
401k match up to 4%
Vehicle, Laptop, Phone