Project Executive, Construction: Food & Bev. Processing & Cold Storage
- Atlanta, GA
Title: Project Executive, Food/ Bev Processing & Cold Storage
Location: Atlanta, GA or Charlotte, NC
Job Function:Business Development
As a Project Executive for a well established national GC, you will lead business development and operations oversight primarily in the Temperature Controlled Food Processing and Storage buildings market including food and beverage manufacturing, cold storage and distribution centers.
In this role, you develop and service new clients, support estimating, preconstruction and construction services, and subcontractor relationships to achieve growth objectives.
This position reports to the General Manager of our Charlotte regional office.
- Create and execute strategic business development plan for the food and beverage processing and storage markets as a recognized expert in the food industry,. Develop strategies to optimize project opportunities and meet growth objectives.
- Build client relationships. Initiate new client contacts, organize and tender qualification data to clients, and supplement proposal effort as required, within approved budget goals. Manage client relationships from initial lead to close out. Promote goodwill with Owner’s representatives to develop repeat business opportunities.
- Develop an overall proposal and budgeting strategy, in collaboration with Estimating and Operations. Partner with General Managers and the Director of Operations to develop specific plans to determine and implement new market initiatives.
- Oversee preconstruction, including design, estimating and project management personnel. Manage the preparation of conceptual preconstruction budgets and schedules with milestones for critical activities and direct project managers in schedule preparation based on client needs.
- Lead the development of major proposals, presentations and brochure materials to win business. Train and assist project personnel to make effective client presentations.
- Develop and maintain a wide network by attending and participating in food processing industry associations (DBIA, ULI, NAIOP, CURT, IARW, IACSIC, FPSA, & PMMI).
- Communicate with Design Consultants, General Managers, Director of Operations, and the VP/Manager of Estimating to maintain management team efficiency.
- A minimum of 15 years of construction experience in the food processing and storage market strongly preferred; previous experience leading new client development efforts required. Experience working in the design-build delivery, food processing, cold storage, logistics/distribution, manufacturing markets required.
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, construction management or relevant discipline required.
- Well-developed sales and business development skills and the ability to close new business and grow business with existing clients.
- Proven experience managing preconstruction services and leveraging subcontractor relationships to meet and exceed client needs.
- Strong financial skills including budgeting, forecasting, and analyzing financial statements.
- Effective oral and written communication skills required; strong presentation skills and the ability to run meetings at all levels of the organization required.
- The ability to build strong relationship and establish strong interpersonal connections at all levels of the organization; treat others with respect, and conducts business, internally and externally with professionalism and tact.
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills to develop and challenge direct reports to improve their performance and develop their knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage multiple, competing priorities.
- An analytical orientation toward key market trends/ changes and the ability to take appropriate action to ensure continued leadership and competitive advantage.
- Strong computer skills (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Primavera).
Compensation and Benefits:
- Base salary range $140k to $180k plus bonus
- Truck allowance of $700/month and Gas Card,
- 401k match of 4%, Profit sharing discretionary and a percentage of base salary ranging from 1-6% with ave of 3%,
- Healthcare: Blue Cross Blue Shield with 4 tiers
- Expenses: Credit card provided and have an in-house system to track all expenses. Credit card is tied to system.
- Hybrid Laptop provided but have several options for laptops
- iPhone provided
- Operations role with executive responsibilities
- Divisional lead to add new business and manage. Cold storage/processing focus
- 50% travel estimated, depends on demands
- Relocation assistance negotiable
- Typical project size: $40 mil - $50 mil
- Focus on sales nationally
Monday, April 20, 2020
$140,000 - $180,000