Superintendent, Construction: Light Industrial/ Manufacturing
- Remote, Remote
Title:Superintendent, Light Industrial/Manufacturing
Job Function:Site Supervision
As a traveling Superintendent with a national GC, you will direct and oversee all daily activities of the jobsite, managing subcontractors and labor for cold storage/ refrigerated distribution center & temperature-controlled manufacturing construction projects nationally.
You will ensure that the work is performed in a safe and organized manner, complying with the quality program and the initial specifications. Essentially, your job is to guarantee our commitment to building the right way, and by the most cost-effective means while maintaining or improving the schedule.
- Implement all safety policies and quality programs, ensuring strong performance on safety audits. Safety is one of our core priorities.
- Manage the activities of subcontractors, vendors and labor, maintaining strict control over the accuracy and quality for each work activity. Plan look-ahead schedules, maintain project schedule controls
- Identify and report problems or deficiencies to the Project Manager. Document on-site activities that may impede progress or compliance to project/contract requirements.
- Review change orders with the Project Manager prior to execution. Miscellaneous purchases with Project Manager’s approval. Review subcontract agreements. Maintain strict control over the budget for each work activity. Coordinate receipt of and inventory of all Owner supplied materials.
- Assist in preparation of project status reports. Provide status and photos weekly. Provide complete daily reports to the Project Manager.
- Maintain open communication and goodwill with the Owner's representative by coordinating pertinent work activities, attending project progress/scheduling meetings and by understanding the client’s expectations.
- A minimum of five (5) years of construction experience as a Superintendent with experience overseeing refrigerated manufacturing and distribution center construction projects.
- The ability to travel extensively and temporarily reside at the project site for extended periods of time, with travel home provided every other weekend.
- Capability of maintaining and following a Critical Path project schedule.
- A thorough understanding of and ability to maintain current, complete set of project documents, blueprints, revisions, specifications and related items.
- The desire to succeed. Our best Superintendents are strong leaders—self-starters who drive excellence and meet high standards, striving for zero punch lists.
- The fortitude to juggle competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. Multi-tasking with a sense of urgency while adhering to established guidelines, policies, and specifications is crucial.
- General computer skills, willingness to expand use of new technologies for scheduling and reports. Excel is not enough: Plan Grid, Blue Beam, ProCor preferred.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Compensation range: $90k to $140k plus bonus structure, per diem, travel lodging expensed
- Truck allowance of $700/month and Gas Card,
- 401k match of 4%, Profit sharing is a percentage of base salary ranging of 1% - 6% with average of 3% and applied to retirement,
- Healthcare: Blue Cross Blue Shield with 4 tiers
- Expenses: Credit card provided and have an in-house system to track all expenses.
- Hybrid Laptop provided but have several options for laptops
- iPhone provided
- 100% travel/remote position
- Will manage 1 project at a time
- Bonus structure ranging from 7-14%
- This position will fly candidate home once every two weeks for a long weekend.
Tuesday, January 21, 2020
$90,000 - $140,000