Project Manager, Construction: Light Industrial/ Manufacturing Charlotte NC or Atlanta GA
- Charlotte, NC
Title: Project Manager, Light Industrial/ Manufacturing
Location: Charlotte, NC or Atlanta, GA
Job Function: Project Management
As a Project Manager with a leading National GC, you will have the authority to drive successful project results, moving your projects from preconstruction through final closeout in the safest manner possible while maintaining the highest quality standards. This role will focus within both commercial and manufacturing/ light industrial markets.
- Ensure all safety compliance and quality programs are being executed on the project site. Safety is one of our core values.
- Actively participate in bidding and pre-construction services.
- Represent Company as the client’s primary contact. Openly and confidently communicate with all other parties involved with the project, establishing trust and rapport with owners, architects, engineers, and subcontractors.
- Manage the performance of the professional support personnel on the project site. This typically includes a Project Engineer or Assistant Project Manager, Field Superintendents, and administrative staff.
- Maintain strict control over the budget and keep project on schedule, ensuring ongoing profitability.
- Execute subcontracts and purchase orders, and approve subcontractor invoices and change requests. Negotiate contract changes with the client. Complete close-out requirements for projects and collect final payment.
- Mentor and train Project Engineers and Assistant Project Managers to ensure their ongoing career growth and development.
- Implement new ideas. Be an active member and leader within the Company, actively participating in committees, make recommendations for new initiatives, and embrace new policies related to Safety, Quality, Continuous Improvement Programs, Lean Construction, and Zero Punch Lists.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of relevant construction operations experience working in various general commercial building markets. Our typical project portfolio includes refrigerated and non-refrigerated manufacturing and distribution centers, retail mall development, entertainment/ recreational, hospitality/lodging, and corp office projects.
- A bachelor degree, preferably in construction management, engineering or a related field.
- The ability to travel throughout the Mid-Atlantic region as necessary.
- The desire to succeed. Our best Project Managers are strong leaders—self-starters who drive excellence and meet high standards.
- Effective communication skills to motivate your team, delegate tasks, and present proposals to clients with competence and confidence.
- The fortitude to juggle competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. Multi-tasking with a sense of urgency while maintaining strong attention to detail and accuracy is crucial.
- Ability to construct a critical path project schedule using scheduling software. We use Primavera v6 but are open to candidates that are experienced with Scheduling and Project Management software.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Compensation range: $90k to $120k plus bonus structure, per diem, travel lodging expensed
- Truck allowance of $700/month and Gas Card,
- 401k match of 4%, Profit sharing is a percentage of base salary ranging of 1% - 6% with average of 3% and applied to retirement,
- Healthcare: Blue Cross Blue Shield with 4 tiers
- Expenses: Credit card provided and have an in-house system to track all expenses.
- Hybrid Laptop provided but have several options for laptops
- iPhone provided
- 50% travel or based up on demands
- Will manage 1 project at a time
- Bonus structure ranging from 7-14%
Tuesday, January 21, 2020
$120,000 - $140,000