A geotechnical contractor, and an engineering consulting firm in the Mid-Atlantic.
JOB SUMMARY: A superintendent will be in charge of the drilling operations (solid stem, casing, down the hole hammer operations and hollow stem auger drilling techniques). The superintendent will run, set up and operate drilling rigs and related equipment to drill holes for geotechnical construction. This will include mobilization to the site, and setting up and running of all aspects of a project. You must have experience in this field, to be able to perform this job.
This is a hands-on position you will be responsible for on-site project supervision including management of field labor, equipment, materials, safety and production. Other duties will include: studying plans and specifications for construction, assembling skilled craft workers and laborers, procurement of tools and materials, conferring with all levels of staff from laborers to engineering personnel to resolve issues and improve construction methods, preparing detailed progress reports and inspecting work. Frequent travel required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Ability to lift drill steel and materials weighing up to 80 lbs
• maintenance and repairs to drill rig
• Load and unload trucks
• Help move drilling rigs and equipment from site to site, set up in the new site
• Minimum of two year experience as a Superintendent in Geotechnical Construction
• Mechanical skills preferred
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• Class A CDL license a plus!
• Must pass company background checks including drug screen
• Must have an excellent driving record within company standards